Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Brush Works The Best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

I'm still quite new to wfp after cleaning traditional many years so i'm still finding my feet i'm using a vikan sill brush on my clx18 with soft bristles,is there a better brush to use and is it best to get stiffer bristles?

Down to personal choice.

One brush will not clean every type of window or job going.

I have brushes for:

First Cleans

Old Houses and glass

Solar Panels

Leaded Windows

Georgian Windows

Regular Cleans

Gardiner or tecbuk seem to be the two best sellers

I am currently using this...............

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/the-super-lite-radius-sill-brush-flat-trim-medium-bristles-white.html

I am flying with it!

I was using the Gardiner Extreme Brushes. But i found them to be too light and not amazing on scrubbing. But i do use them for leaded windows and Georgian Windows.

Gardiner Or tecbuk.

Then i have ones for fascias,conservatory roofs etc

I have 4 sill brushes with different jets and bristle stiffness.

Its good to have a selection

i use a tecbuk they r realy gud got the highbrid one good 4 first cleans an every day cleaning, then i use a vikan swivel flocked 4 leaded glass an claddin, i have a gardener sill supper stiff for my big pole so i can rince on the glass as it holds 0 dirt an has good scrubin power like demo said personal choice realy.

Hi joe34,

Begin with a regular maintenance clean brush and a different brush for first cleans; 2 different brushes as part of your kit is really the minimum. Rather than expect and then struggle with just 1 brush to cope with everything in the most efficient way.

As you start to take notice when cleaning other things become apparent, like using a Full Trim Brush for Georgian windows, is far more efficient and save time, a Boars Hair Brush used on self cleaning glass is safe and very fast – the list is extensive but start with the basics of maintenance clean and 1st clean brushes and take it from there.

What you should be trying to do is clean/complete the job in the least amount of time possible.

Richard

Hi joe34,

Begin with a regular maintenance clean brush and a different brush for first cleans; 2 different brushes as part of your kit is really the minimum. Rather than expect and then struggle with just 1 brush to cope with everything in the most efficient way.

As you start to take notice when cleaning other things become apparent, like using a Full Trim Brush for Georgian windows, is far more efficient and save time, a Boars Hair Brush used on self cleaning glass is safe and very fast – the list is extensive but start with the basics of maintenance clean and 1st clean brushes and take it from there.

What you should be trying to do is clean/complete the job in the least amount of time possible.

Richard
Thanks Richard ,very helpful..just one thing how do you know if it's self cleaning glass ?I must of cleaned it at some point over the years and not even known it.

True you can get self cleaning glass anywhere, I have a customers 3 bed detached house 1st floor windows all self cleaning glass; you are more likely to come across it on Velux, solar panels, conservatories, commercial work etc. If you up close you can usually see a tint to the glass, you could ask the customer if they have any self cleaning glass on any of the windows.

Richard

Hi joe34,

Richard
richard when u say a boars hair brush is safe 4 self cleaning glass what do u mean?ive never tried a full boars brush.

There is more of a risk eventually damaging the surface with an artificial monofilament, compared to using a Boars brush.

You could use a Nylon monofilament brush and it would be perfectly ok, but check you brush often.

Richard

Back