Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Love This Job...but

KFH19

I've got issues

My water is pure 000, I think my technique is ok but obviously only started 4 months ago I will continue to learn everyday. The one main problem I have is I clean top floor frames and sil first then rinse then do ground floor frames and rinse then extend pole to do top floor glass only then do ground floor glass only. The problem comes from noticing on a few properties a faint white spotty trail normally coming from the centre of the frame dribbling down the top pain of glass. I'm guessing that it is coming from water running through the dirt trapped under the a smaller window above a large pain of glass and I don't know how to rectify this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Another problem, I find my double trim man made bristle brush doesn't give me a good scrub on dirty glass. I've been told a natural boars hair brush is a stiffer brush at removing bird poo etc. But I've also been told when wet it smells like a dead animal!

Thanks in advance.

Scrub the frames too, scrub em like buggery on a first clean and rinse loads.. really loads. Some windows take a while to come good, we usually just explain to customer that on some first cleans there can be some minor issues and if they're not happy to give us a call and we will come back and fix.

To date, nobody has called us back..

if you rinse rinse rinse and because it is hot at the moment rinse again your never get any spots :Image3:

Thanks fella's, I do rinse but by what you are saying probably not enough.

I worry the finish won't be good enough for some people.

Oh and Smurf my flow rate is at 30, and it's mainly happening on first cleans.

Cleaning the top frame can cause problems especially where the vents are, so never touch the top frame!

Mybe try a higher flow rate on first cleans & pay particular attention to rubber seals as can leach trapped dirt & old soap which can leave spotting drip marks as the dirty water drps down and dries out on the glass.

Hydrophilic glass can also cause spotting issuse like that too so like mark said rinse well.

Thanks fella's, I do rinse but by what you are saying probably not enough.

I worry the finish won't be good enough for some people.

Oh and Smurf my flow rate is at 30, and it's mainly happening on first cleans.

I have a tecbuk boars hair.. Brilliant scrubbing ability.. Although the bristles cause drag, so you need the flow up very high to move it across the glass quickly.. I only use the boars hair on first cleans and glass roofs... It does smell if you put your nose right up to it.. But when it's in the back of the van you can't smell it!!!

The tecbuk hybrid brush.. Polyester bristles and boars hair in centre.. Can be used on maintenance cleans as its still a quick brush, and you have the scrubbing power there if you need it.. I have Regular work I'll always use the hybrid due fly poo and just being quite dirty..

But my main maintenance brush is the full polyester from tecbuk.. Sits lovely on the glass, glides Lovely over the glass. On maintenance cleans its very quick..

Cleaning the top frame can cause problems especially where the vents are, so never touch the top frame!
I respectfully disagree!! Always scrub the top of the frame, as any splashes up there while rinsing or when it rains will pull dirt down onto your nice clean window!! Scrubbing the top of the frame is equally as important as doing the glass!! EXCEPT when there are vents there in which case then yes, do not touch or get wet at all..

Still can't get my head around why some prefer to trad first cleans using a ladder then wfp after that especially on awkward 2-3 storey residential jobs.

Why?

Indeed bluemonkey and I don't even have to use me ladders no more either if I need to deep clean plastics & glass :Image9:

That's why I decided to share my little tip in the vid comp 1 but still no one as of yet has voted for me which I find rather dissapointing to be honest :Image16:

Still can't get my head around why some prefer to trad first cleans using a ladder then wfp after that especially on awkward 2-3 storey residential jobs.

Why?
If they are really bad, doing trad you can scrap paint, stickers, silicone etc off, check for any imperfections, deep clean the frames, give sills a good clean.. You can be sure the windows will be spotless..

Any 3 storey windows be done wfp first clean..

Indeed bluemonkey and I don't even have to use me ladders no more either if I need to deep clean plastics & glass :Image9:

That's why I decided to share my little tip in the vid comp 1 but still no one as of yet has voted for me which I find rather dissapointing to be honest :Image16:
What does that tell you if no one has voted? Get up the ladder and do it properly

hmmmm :Image16:

Now get up your ladder and clean this bay window properly smarty pants :Image13:

View attachment 3384

Just one example of many where a ladder would be totaly useless to gain safe access to windows

What does that tell you if no one has voted? Get up the ladder and do it properly

i think if u can use ladder than use it 4 first clean u can get paint an stickers off an get them bang on, than wfp frm than on, saves lots of time an water plus u can test fraims buy rubin finger or cloth to c if thay r milky or not .

Back