Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Can You Claim For Expenses?

petehughesy

my work has grown considerably in the last year, so i need to be on the ball with what sort of things i can and cant claim for as ive not really claimed for much in the past, i know basics like work equipment etc, but what else can you claim for? im a newbie in this area i must admit.

Gas / electric

Phone

Internet

Rent / Council tax

Food

You cant claim a lot for gas / electric or rent and C tax but you can claim a small percentage

Mobile/ clothes...

Food really?.

I think my accountant put £600 against my house for gas.elec/landline etc.....

yeah i claim for my mobile, not thought about claiming for my internet, can you really claim for your house? i.e rent, council tax, electric.... do you claim a specific percentage?

Mobile/ clothes...

Food really?.

I think my accountant put £600 against my house for gas.elec/landline etc.....
If you can get away with it why not. Seems a bit much though im surprised that never got flagged.
Yeah it doesnt include a packed lunch though.

yeah i claim for my mobile, not thought about claiming for my internet, can you really claim for your house? i.e rent, council tax, electric.... do you claim a specific percentage?
Yeah its your office. Your are going to use a % of electric doing work stuff as well as using the internet. You cant claim the full expense or so im told because its not 100% used for work use.

Im not sure the exact amounts, my accountant sorts all that stuff out

Fuel, work clothes, van tax, accountants fee's.

Anything that keeps you working.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Claim everything you can

Fuel, equipment etc but also any little thing you can think of..pound receipt for fairy. sons new trainers (yours for work) lol

As long as you don't go too mental you can do it

good question

every now n again I do some gardening and very light landscaping - last week I had to lay a weed controller sheet and woodchip / bark in few flower beds - Customer paid me online £140 for that however £55 I paid in B&Q for materials . So how do I do - £140 is not my income cos I bought the weed controller etc ..

Shall I use the receipts as business expenses ? and what if the tax man will say that I bought the weed controller for my garden ?!

The taxman won't question things like that..it is a bit of kit you bought for a job and you are entitled to deduct it from your tax..simple as that really..you only pay tax on profit after deducting expenses.

Back