Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Help!

Tuffers

OK, so I ordered a 35' gutter vac half an hour ago. I've just checked my emails and I've got to quote for the gutters on this.

IMG_20130729_211344_zps224f094f.jpg

Will 35' poles reach and how much?

35ft poles should fit that ok , price is a hard one does it look really bad ? sometime I have gone to a job and it has been clear sometimes it is a pig .If I have to get my vac out I charge min £80 for doing so

Mark, not been to see it yet. It's a square building with some lower level gutters somewhere, which he's managed to get at. There is a tree growing out of the gutter so he says. If that's so, it's going to be bad me thinks. I was thinking £25 for each side and throw the low level stuff in for free as a sweetner.

Make sure you do a gutter cam survey during the quote so you can see how bad it is and price accordingly. If the guttering is full of sods then you will struggle like hell at that height trying to remove them especially if the gap between the tiles and guttering is narrow. Not to mention clearing any blocked downspouts using a guttervac.

I persanally would say don't run before you can walk as guttervac clearing can be hard enough on 2 storey properties let alone 3

Good luck with that one :Image3:

£25 per side that's bonkers cheap mate :Image16:

More like that job is worth £300 if it can be done at all using a guttervac

Mark, not been to see it yet. It's a square building with some lower level gutters somewhere, which he's managed to get at. There is a tree growing out of the gutter so he says. If that's so, it's going to be bad me thinks. I was thinking £25 for each side and throw the low level stuff in for free as a sweetner.

Why are trees growing out of the guttering?

I've turned down loads of 3 storey work including large management housing contract enquires because of the issues and limitations I've found using a guttervac as they don't want to pay for access equipment and/or scaffolding if required.

So my advice is gain experience on 2 storey properties first using a guttervac then be careful what 3 storey work you decide to take on.

Regarding pricing this one is only 2 storey approx the same size so how much would you charge?

[ATTACH]3389.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3390.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3391.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3392.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3394.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3395.IPB[/ATTACH]

including clearing the gutters on the consevatory too

[ATTACH]3396.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3397.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3398.IPB[/ATTACH]

I've got the ogee tool and works lovely smurf, makes cleaning them much quicker when on the end of my 4m pole. Just drag and collect!

That reminds me I need to order an ogee progutter tool for that one to see how well or if it works at all on that profile of guttering. :Image16:

When I ordered my g2 box set a while back the g2 ogee and small half round was in the pipeline being made so was unavaliable at the time.

Danny sent me an email last month to let me know they were now in stock but being busy I never got around to ordering the g2 ogee until today.

I thought you brought the box like me smurf

Hi Guys, Tuffers I would charge for that 3 storey £65 for it been 3 levels and £1.50m depends on what you have to get around. There is about 13..15m each side so about £155.00 that's just only including high level cast iron gutter down pipe high pressure flushing extra.

Cheers Jimmac. I was re-thinking price to around your price.

Smurph it turned up today. It's a viper, made by Nilfisk I think. Tools are a bit cheaply made with swarf still on the edges. Got a job to do on Monday with it. Will do my own first to practice.

That still seems way to cheap Jim for a 3 storey job like that as I got £250 for that 2 storey job in the previous pics.

Jim I take it you use omni 4200 gutervac & cam kit & their make power pole too for that height?

Hi Guys, Tuffers I would charge for that 3 storey £65 for it been 3 levels and £1.50m depends on what you have to get around. There is about 13..15m each side so about £155.00 that's just only including high level cast iron gutter down pipe high pressure flushing extra.

I used a Industrial commercial wet & dry vacuum 3000watt 80ltr from (ETS) and poles with Wireless mini DVR camera which done the job he had old but solid cast iron large guttering. To be fare the pictures posted above look to me to have a lot more guttering to be cleaned than what I had per metre?

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.