Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Prices

Dannyjacko

The great thing about working for yourself is, within reason you can earn what you want. Have a think about what it cost you to run your business, work out your money earning hours and set your hourly rate - then target your customer base accordingly.

Good luck, Richard

• 4 weeks later...

Only you can set a price that you think you're worth, I work at around £40-50/hour but I'm lucky enough to have a good round where I have a lot of customers grouped together instead of driving between every customer, last week I moved my van twice in one day, used 400lt of water and made £350 in a day.

First of all, don't believe half of the rubbish on forums people claim to be earning..

The reason I'm self employed is so I can be flexible and earn a "decent" wage for the hours I actually work..

Why not? I've got a couple of £70 jobs that take 30 mins to do and a factory that is £100 for less than an hour.

I'd happily undercut someone if I knew they were charging stupid money like that

I'd happily undercut someone if I knew they were charging stupid money like that

Why? You know nothing of the mechanics of the job? One of them requires a 50ft pole, and the factory is volume of windows, customers are happy so why not charge accordingly??

Yes, however if i had a tradsmen turn up and do 30 minutes of work and charge £70 for it, i would be asking for another person to come and do the work,

There are quite often cases of folk saying that they earn stupid money on these forums when it is actually just utter bull****.

Keep that rubbish to cleanitup.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.