Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Higher Than Usual Tds?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HotWash Window Cleaners

My usual tds is between 34 to 42 ppm and in the West Country we have the softest and highest priced water in the UK .

my resin has lasted 1 week compared with 6 weeks normally.

The culprit is my water supplier the tds is 121ppm.

I rang the scientific team to find out why it has changed as we only have one reservoir supplying Plymouth.

The guy on the phone said that it probably is to do with the fact we are sourcing our water from local rivers not the reservoir.

The local reservoir just happens to be filled by rivers so I questioned which rivers.

The answer is the Tamar which contains sea water as is joined to the sea

I asked what difference there was in filtration and he said none. So surely the tds should be the same. This he could not answer so decided to send me the water source analysis and testing results which should show what impurities are left in the water. The river Tamar is where Devonport dockyard is placed and I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Surely this is a cost cutting measure from good old water companies making a fortune already.

Has anyone else had an unusual jump in tds level?

As long as the water is safe to drink the water companies have no real interest in how hard or soft the water is hotwash.

Time to get yourself a decent size ro methinks if you've not got one already as then your di resin will last yonks.

Only the opposite really

475PPM down to 425PPM

damo thought you lived just outta london not Africa? Lol mines 270ppm i thought that was high!

To answer your question my ppm does change but averages out at around 290 ppm so I count myself luckly compared to the likes of Damo.

Doesn't ro waste lots of water in the production of not quite pure water?

My point is not really to do with the cost of resin, I was wondering what else I am getting in my water supply that's all.

At 42ppm my resin lasts 6 weeks roughly, it jumped to 121ppm lasted 1 week. The maths would say 2 weeks, so has there been any extremely heavy metals in the water to deplete the resin that quickly. The water report should be here on Friday so I will find out what is happening with it.

mine hops about all the time between 80 and 105 im using double DI now and resin lasts much longer, are you using double DI hotwash, ?? if not its worth investing in>

Back