Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Generator Question

norm

I have a 3000w wet/dry vac 240v to use for guttervac what size of generator should I use for this? :Image11:

A powerful one!

I had a gutter system which I have got rid of, it was only 1400w and not up to the job.

I ran that off of a honda 20i generator which is 2000w.

at least a 5kva
I asked shop selling generators and they said 6kva Smurf but I thought they just might be trying to get me to spend more money :Image15:

I too will have a 3kw guttervac, as for the generator, if you Baught a 3kw generator, they only output about 2.8kw, so you would be better with a 4kw generator,

My dad recommends the Honda engine ones.

You can pick them up on flea bay for about 300-400 quid brand spank.

I too will have a 3kw guttervac, as for the generator, if you Baught a 3kw generator, they only output about 2.8kw, so you would be better with a 4kw generator,

My dad recommends the Honda engine ones.

You can pick them up on flea bay for about 300-400 quid brand spank.
Being in N.Ireland cuts down what I can get on flea bay Andykarlaxxx due to delivery but I like the sound of a honda engine generator

So do you use a 4 kva to run a 3000 wet/dry vac as the conversion works out at 3200 watts?

Every genny states the max constant output so I would be very suprised if it would be anygood myself.

Being in N.Ireland cuts down what I can get on flea bay Andykarlaxxx due to delivery but I like the sound of a honda engine generator

4kw gens - max output on the Honda generators are 3500watts, perfect for a 3kw wet/dry vac I would have thought myself?

Have any of yous used a kohler or loncin or know anyone who has,seen on tv a lot of honda fakes out there

The Honda generators, they don't necessarily have to be Honda manufacturer, but they have Honda engines in so mechanics affix them in no time

Back