Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Gutter Cam

Neil

I need to invest in a camera I have been doing a fair few gutter jobs and I can't stand going up a ladder when I can just bung a camera on and have a butchers that way plus I need some really light poles these ones I've got are too heavy!!!

Tuffers I use aerospace grade ali poles from Omni which work well for me for 2 storey work. If I was doing a lot of 3 storey work which I avoid like the plague now I might have upgraded to carbon poles.

All gutter cams you see for sale from suppliers are just chepo china made wireless mini/dvr baby monitors at inflated prices. If you’re going to get one try look out for ones that have the longest run time and shortest recharge times as the bat on wireless cams and monitors can run down very quickly.

To be honest I hated clearing 2 storey gutters out by hand myself as always felt unsafe until I fitted an ankalad to me ladder and used a microlite stand-off on the roof tiles.

Regarding gutter surveys I use an old cannon g7 that can record video clips I clamp to a harris pole or wfp. Then I can show customers how bad their gutters are that may I add has won me loads of work. More to the point from the recording I can then decide which method would be most suitable to clear the guttering & any blocked downspouts either by hand or use me guttervac. Simples...

Tip: when trying to clear guttering over obsticals like conservatories etc either from the front or sides I find using a ladder to rest the guttervac pole on whilst working help take the weight. Also most importanly guttering clips & joint can get damged by taking the full weight of the pole & head.

Hope this helps?

I need to invest in a camera I have been doing a fair few gutter jobs and I can't stand going up a ladder when I can just bung a camera on and have a butchers that way plus I need some really light poles these ones I've got are too heavy!!!

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.