Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Anybody Tried This?

Guest OoO

wouldn't use it personally, and wouldn't use a squeegee to clean them with either.

chemicals shouldn't be used on them really, you can still leave residue on them if using anything added to water.

Guest Solar Steve

I struggle with the growing number of products like this. I think they see a growing cleaning market and 'feel the need' to fill it with a product. All jobs in all walks of life are about maximising productivity in the time available. I know how many panels my guys can clean in a day. I can only see products like this slowing us down, not speeding the process up.

I have spoken to a manufacturer of a solar cleaning product, I think it was this one. I can't be sure because I'm on holiday and don't have access to my PC. However, I voiced my concerns about the makeup of the product and how it would affect productivity. They ASKED me if I would test this product for them in the field as they had only done lab tests. That was 3 months ago.....I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

That tells me something...

Sorry chaps I'm still not convinced using wfp cold pure water alone will clean sp arrays more efficiently when heavily soiled.

Therefore I can't see the harm myself in a little boost from using a very small amount of chem during cleaning. If it works when wfp cleaning heavily soiled glass then as sure as eggs are eggs will work on spa's aswell without leaving any so say residue..

But I’m guessing solar steve might be keeping that a little secret from us all :Image13:

Sorry chaps I'm still not convinced using wfp cold pure water alone will clean sp arrays more efficiently when heavily soiled.

Therefore I can't see the harm myself in a little boost from using a very small amount of chem during cleaning. If it works when wfp cleaning heavily soiled glass then as sure as eggs are eggs will work on spa's aswell without leaving any so say residue..

But I’m guessing solar steve might be keeping that a little secret from us all :Image13:

cold water cleans them very well, warm water cleans them faster! lol

cold water will take a little longer to soak into the baked on bird muck, but even adding anything will still take just as long to soak in.

adding anything to the water that could leave a residue can cause more problems or could even damage them.

Guest Solar Steve
cold water cleans them very well, warm water cleans them faster! lol

cold water will take a little longer to soak into the baked on bird muck, but even adding anything will still take just as long to soak in.

adding anything to the water that could leave a residue can cause more problems or could even damage them.

+1

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.