Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anybody Tried This?

Ive seen this before and although I know pure water is a must for SP cleaning I did queston solor steve if he knew why they sold that it conflicts with his SP research?

wouldn't use it personally, and wouldn't use a squeegee to clean them with either.

chemicals shouldn't be used on them really, you can still leave residue on them if using anything added to water.

i wouldent use it an i defo wouldent b climing on roofs cleaning them trad .even if there on the ground ide use wfp .

I struggle with the growing number of products like this. I think they see a growing cleaning market and 'feel the need' to fill it with a product. All jobs in all walks of life are about maximising productivity in the time available. I know how many panels my guys can clean in a day. I can only see products like this slowing us down, not speeding the process up.

I have spoken to a manufacturer of a solar cleaning product, I think it was this one. I can't be sure because I'm on holiday and don't have access to my PC. However, I voiced my concerns about the makeup of the product and how it would affect productivity. They ASKED me if I would test this product for them in the field as they had only done lab tests. That was 3 months ago.....I'm still waiting for it to arrive.

That tells me something...

like steve said, its jumping on that band wagon,

cheap washing up liquids do the job for squeegee work, but yet people still sell the ones that say they are designed for that job.

Sorry chaps I'm still not convinced using wfp cold pure water alone will clean sp arrays more efficiently when heavily soiled.

Therefore I can't see the harm myself in a little boost from using a very small amount of chem during cleaning. If it works when wfp cleaning heavily soiled glass then as sure as eggs are eggs will work on spa's aswell without leaving any so say residue..

But I’m guessing solar steve might be keeping that a little secret from us all :Image13:

Sorry chaps I'm still not convinced using wfp cold pure water alone will clean sp arrays more efficiently when heavily soiled.

Therefore I can't see the harm myself in a little boost from using a very small amount of chem during cleaning. If it works when wfp cleaning heavily soiled glass then as sure as eggs are eggs will work on spa's aswell without leaving any so say residue..

But I’m guessing solar steve might be keeping that a little secret from us all :Image13:
cold water cleans them very well, warm water cleans them faster! lol

cold water will take a little longer to soak into the baked on bird muck, but even adding anything will still take just as long to soak in.

adding anything to the water that could leave a residue can cause more problems or could even damage them.

cold water cleans them very well, warm water cleans them faster! lol
cold water will take a little longer to soak into the baked on bird muck, but even adding anything will still take just as long to soak in.

adding anything to the water that could leave a residue can cause more problems or could even damage them.
+1

Back