Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Wfp System & Having Teething Problems

Robbs

Hi I just had a wfp system fitted this weekend which I wanted to try out for the first time today but having some teething problems if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it thanks

Anyway problems I'm having are first off is I just tried to fill my tank and after 4 hours I only filled a 400l tank (with RO 600gpd & DI filters) about an inch and a half, from what I've been told it should take 3-4 hours to fill the whole tank, was having a leak from the horizontal filter which was about half the trickle compared to the trickle in the tank, what could be the problem there ?

2nd problem I couldn't get it to pump any water out at first until I parked on a slope and then managed to get some flow and sputtering, will they not pump very well unless the pipe in the tank is fully submerged ?

Anyway hope someone can advise me

Many thanks Rob

I'll let the experts answer but I think they'll need more info such as. Water pressure? PSI of the pump you are using?

I have a 100psi shurflo pump, this is only for pumping water out though yes ? No pump is needed for filling ? I have no idea of the pressure from the tap though.

hey Rob, welcome to the forum!

these sorts of RO systems are great for filling a static tank up and then filling the van up form that.

they are slow at producing water. a booster pump fitted to the RO will help produce water a bit faster but would still take a while.

as yes the pipe in the tank will need to be fully submerged otherwise it will be sucking in air and that's when other problems start like airlocks etc.

From my limited understanding a booster pump to your RO will increase your output. I think water pressure plays a big part in pure water production.

WFP experts will be along soon...

Hi Rob, mines a pure freedom 450 kit, it takes 12 hours to fill my 500 litre holding tank from empty.

Figures wise I don't know what pressure i have, but when I turn outside tap on it comes out at a rate of knotts.

As mentioned I beleive it has alot to do with your water pressure.

Hope the example helps.

rs2315.

Hmmmm gonna be a pain as I live in a flat so have to fill up round my mums, looks like I'm gonna have to get a 2nd car then and leave the van over night for filling, this WFP lark is looking expensive lol, I already spent a lot on the system itself as I wanted a compact one, oh well will have to work harder eh

best thing then is to sell the RO system and look at getting a 4040 RO set up, they cost a bit but they will fill your tank up with-in 4-5 hours without booster pump

Hmmm not really an option I've just spent 2k on my system so don't really want to be selling parts and getting more expensive parts just yet, I'll look into a booster pump though and will just leave it overnight if need be.

But has anyone got a link for seller for one as I might get one in the future, see how I get on with wfp cleaning for a bit first .

hi rob

first of all if the system is new then it shouldn't be leaking, take it apart and put it back together, make sure all rubber seals are clean and in the right place,

once you have that sorted run the system for half an hour into the drain, this will clean out your ro, you don't have to connect your di at this point,

once you have done that connect your di and try again,

some ro have a flush tap on them you can open or close, make sure yours is closed when filling your tank

I would of thought there would be videos on you tube that can help or phone the place you bought it from as they could give you advice to make sure your system set up properly,

as for your sureflo pump may sure its not higher then the outlet as that can stop the water pumping though,

water flows down not up.........

neil.....

The system arrived built (its this one http://streamlinesystems.info/node.php?id=958&catid=23 ) so I'm sure it's all put together correctly.

As for running the ro straight to the drain without the DI I'm not sure if I can as they're all linked together (this is the lack of understanding you get from not building it yourself lol) but I will read your advice again tomorrow while looking at the system and hopefully I'll have a better understanding of what your telling me to do, but yeah I will ring streamline tomorrow also, cheers for the advice so far though

Also the ppm/tds of the water from our taps is massively high round here, does that make a difference to how long it takes to filter ?

Latest Posts

Back