Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Way To Gain Work? (Non Window Cleaning)

JBC88

Hi all im considering buying a gutter vac and good pressure washer but dont wanna buy them and not gain much work for them.its a huge outlay..whats the most cost effective andvsuccessful way to gain customers for this kind of work? I already list these services on my tickets i post when iv cleaned windows but havnt had much response from existing customers.

Iv seen a sign near a tesco advertising gutter vacs from £35 per 3 bed house might be worth a try. If you can ask a local business near a main through road that fills with traffic during rush hour and offer a few quid for the sign to go up. A graphics place will only charge you £20-£50 for a sign

i put an offer on facebook when i first started doing gutter cleans off ladders, wasnt earning a great deal at first but i was still earning i took my time and made sure i did a good job within 6 month i had a gutter vac and was getting regular work and people was ringing me through recomendations, i designed a little flyer that i posted on the selling pages it was on the lines of gutter and fascia cleaning special offer front and back

terrace £25 normally £45

semi -detached £35 Normally £55

Detached £50 normally £75

or something like that cant remeber exact prices but it worked ok and it got my name about also i usually picked up the odd window clean aswell

i put an offer on facebook when i first started doing gutter cleans off ladders, wasnt earning a great deal at first but i was still earning i took my time and made sure i did a good job within 6 month i had a gutter vac and was getting regular work and people was ringing me through recomendations, i designed a little flyer that i posted on the selling pages it was on the lines of gutter and fascia cleaning special offer front and back

terrace £25 normally £45

semi -detached £35 Normally £55

Detached £50 normally £75

or something like that cant remeber exact prices but it worked ok and it got my name about also i usually picked up the odd window clean aswell
Agree facebook get lots of work from it!

I just built myself a website & got all my work through that to start with. Then came the recommendation and repeat business. Still get new enquires most day's from the site too especially when it rains. :Image13:

Cool thanks guys does it cost to advertise the wayyou do with facebook if so how much? Smurf what did you use to make website and how much does it cost to run?

I bought just a domain name from lcn https://www.lcn.com/ then set up a http://www.000webhost.com/ account so get free web hosting.

All I pay for is domain name renual every 2 year which is about £7... that's it.

You can either use one of their templates and wisiwig editors to build a website or upload one built by whatever web suite you prefer to use that is compatible with the hosting account.

facebook is free you just join the local selling sites and put posts on there
very true jimbob! you dont even have to post just type (window cleaner) into the search box at the top right hand of the selling pages and all posts will come up off the ones looking for a window cleaner i do this for gutter cleans as well! :Image10:

very true jimbob! you dont even have to post just type (window cleaner) into the search box at the top right hand of the selling pages and all posts will come up off the ones looking for a window cleaner i do this for gutter cleans as well! :Image10:
Do you find many are requesting a window cleaner? I've joined lots of local selling groups and searched pages but cannot find one person actually looking for/requesting a window cleaner. I've been putting posts up which gets me maybe 2 jobs a week. Maybe I'm missing a trick somewhere along the line?

Back