Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Cleaned My Own Conny

Richard Barnes

Got me thinking actually, the chap who done my tank and frame welding is an expert at alu welding. May see if i can knock something up.

As dont fancy £500 on ladders!

works very well was stable enough, I'm from a fabrication background and been thinking about it but going to wait and buy some off fleabay in the winter when they are going cheep

yep same here always managed to do all the jobs been asked too. Ours and next doors conny's are about a foot apart between the gutters so it was the only way to do it really. though I did have ago out the bedroom window.

Myself with difficult access jobs like that I would clean that side from the front of the conservatory instead of risking life & limb using a setup like that. Its not ideal but if me ladder setup is set high enough I can clean conservatory roofs quite easaly like from the front. Other option would be to use a portable scaffold tower again high enought to be able to clean that awkward side from the front.

In the pic are you actualy sat on a window sill? :Image16: :Image13:

Did you not find using the pole like that the window & wall of the house got in the way when trying to clean the roof like that?

Yep I was sat on the sill at that point but mostly sat on ladder, also deep cleaned the window frame an sill as well was using a clx 2 10ft. the set up was very stable I made sure of that

Got a couple of jobs I looked at that really needs a proper ladder I would never dream of using that setup on a paying job

Easi-dec Conservatory roof ladders are a good handy bit of kit to have.

To be honest though I can do most conservatory roof cleaning jobs from my gutter clearing ladder setup & wfp. With the ankalad outriggers deployed I can use it as a free standing ladder so it’s away from the gutters on the conservatory. Then am able to be high enough to get to any part of the conservatory with me wfp.

In tight access I might just use the top section of my gutter clearing ladder & microlite standoff. Also I have easi-dec ladder spurs to fit to the bottom of it if required or I can get me conservatory ladder setup if I want to get close up and personal.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.