Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Would You Do This

a decent pressure washer should clean that use a turbo nozzle if its really tough, but a flat surface cleaner will be quicker

i priced a similar job but didnt get it , moriatic or hydrochloric acid is used , you would need to get a big price because if you dont find the cause of the effloresence which is caused by dampness or water getting into the brickwork then it will re appear very fast . i was told that the brickwork has to be sealed with an acrilic based membrane paint to prevent it coming back . another popular way to get rid of it is sandblasting it off .

Hi mr shine I was thinking about muriatic acid but never used it before or hydrochloric acid i have tried in the past to clear up efflorescence marks on brickwork using turbo lance 3000psi looked good when wet but when the water is gone marks still there. what did you charge for this service on your quote. another issue will health and safety when using acid and the public not that far away, and issues about rinsing that wall down with water down drain. seem a little to much hard work to me. what do you guys think.

it was the use of acid that made me put in a big price knowing that i wouldnt get it because ive no experience using acid . it might be worth your while to find out how much it is to hire some sandblasting kit as i reckon it would be easier than acid , also tell the customer that it has to be sealed and explain that the paint is expensive, this way you might have a better chance of getting it

Brick acid isn't very strong tbh and usual chemical advice applies, gloves, goggles, inorganic filter mask.

Back