Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Been Accused Of Damaging Customer Property

nwcs

Today started a customers house ive been doing 6 years.

She an old bag and I only do her windows as the neighbours ask me too.

Well today it was neil can you come have a look at this in the garden. I went into the garden and she said last time you was here who ever did my backs has smashed my security light and the censor and knocked 3 plant pots over as the soil and plants was on the patio.

I said im very sorry to here that and it was me that did your backs as I do every month but I can assure you that I didnt do any damage to your property as if I did I would of told you.

She said it must of been me as nobody else has been in my garden.

I said well I cant admit something I havent done..

I then said im really sorry this has happened but I didn't do it. But you clearly don't trust me after over 5 years coming to your property and never damaging it so I wont charge you for todays work and I suggest you find another window cleaner as im not willing to do it any more......

Anybody else have this ?

And before you ask im fully insured and in 22 years ive only knock a brick arch over and left a note explaining what I did and paid for it to be fully rebuilt. Ive always been honest.

Sounds like someone casing the joint tbh.

And yeah was accused of breaking a small windows on a door. Yet the painter was three last painting the door. Lost the job was a £27.50 house. Doing it 10 plus years.

Annoyed me at first but tbh I hated her (50+ women trying to hold onto youth)

And he drove a jag /emoticons/wink.png

First thing I thought when reading that was someones either broken in or they could be preparing to. Go by one day and vandalize the security equipment and then another night case the joint.

I've been accused of breaking windows before but that came to nothing thank goodness.

I did break someones gate once while the owners were on Holiday, so I posted a note explaining what had happened and that the clean was free and I would pay for whatever repairs or replacement was needed.

The owner rang me up and said thanks for the note and free clean but he'd foot the bill for the gate as it wasn't in its best shape anyway. So that was nice from a loyal customer.

To be honest though I ruined the gate I split in half like there were two gates and also split it down the middle. It was destroyed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

First thing I thought when reading that was someones either broken in or they could be preparing to. Go by one day and vandalize the security equipment and then another night case the joint. I've been accused of breaking windows before but that came to nothing thank goodness.I did break someones gate once while the owners were on Holiday, so I posted a note explaining what had happened and that the clean was free and I would pay for whatever repairs or replacement was needed.The owner rang me up and said thanks for the note and free clean but he'd foot the bill for the gate as it wasn't in its best shape anyway. So that was nice from a loyal customer.To be honest though I ruined the gate I split in half like there were two gates and also split it down the middle. It was destroyed.Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
I dunno these cow boy cleaners /emoticons/tongue.png

I did say it maybe a burglar as the sensor for the light was about a foot below the light and had also been broken.

But she was saying no ones been in garden apart from me. I did say well you cant be sure of that as your wasn't in the day I came......

Come to think of it I have broken some class a few years back.

It was very old little georgia window.

The glass was so thin . So I jump in the car to the local diy shop. Got 2 pices of glass cut to the size and some putty.

Totall cost was under £4.00 . I had to get greenhouse glass and even that was thicker then the glass what was in.

Customer was over the moon and still a customer now. I was back cleaning windows within the hour.

Personally, I'd inform the police, to cover my ass. If she's broken into now, there's every chance she'd say to the police "I think it was my window cleaner !"..."oh really ma am, what makes you say that ?"...."well he broke the security light last week and now I get broken in to.".

Yes, you may be able to prove otherwise but, do you really need the hassle of being taken in for questioning.

I would also have told her that she needs to report the inccident too.

Mart.

Been doing that street 6 years. I told her to get another window cleaner then got 2 new ones in her street. Lol

So I lost a £9. House and gained 2 £12. House

Been doing that street 6 years. I told her to get another window cleaner then got 2 new ones in her street. Lol

So I lost a £9. House and gained 2 £12. House
thats good m8 on wards an up words

Back