Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua-Dapter

realy? a guy called pootoo had one an a few others on the forum an thay all said spring broke and very bad custmer survice just wat i have hurd so as i said ive never had 1 so ? thay do look a good ider tho dispite the extra waight added to pole. :Image9:

realy? a guy called pootoo had one an a few others on the forum an thay all said spring broke and very bad custmer survice just wat i have hurd so as i said ive never had 1 so ? thay do look a good ider tho dispite the extra waight added to pole. :Image9:
Pootoo has been banned from this forum twice.

Fully aware of the AD situation with him and I know what version I believe.

Pootoo has been banned from this forum twice.

Fully aware of the AD situation with him and I know what version I believe.
lol band twice haha, god wat ever next i dont even wana no wat he got band 4 lol :Image13: .

We have had them since they first came out.

For me it is the best accessory that has come out for us WFPers. We have instant control over our water flow by just pulling the hose that comes out of the end of our poles.

Its so convenient to switch off the AD once the window has been cleaned, give the cill a 'dry' brush off, and move on to the next window without wasting water.

I have a bad back and it has saved me having to bend down each time to pick the tap off the floor to switch it on and off.

My son has also got one on his pole that he uses with his back pack. It saves him quite a bit of water and he wouldn't be without it now.

Yes it adds a bit of weight to the pole, but the benefits outweigh the negatives. The MK3XL is noticeably lighter than the Mk1 and Mk2. If you have a Gardiners Extreme brush on your pole as I do, then that will help with weight reduction.

A friend of mine has fitted them to the poles that he and his son use. About 3 years ago they bought a round about 10 miles away that took them just more than a 650 litre tank of water. This meant that they had to travel all the way back the next day to finish off. Now with AD's they finish their work in one day and come home with water still in the tank. For him the cost of those AD's has justified themselves on the first clean out there.

In 3 years of using an AD I have replaced 3 springs at 99p each. So my advice is to buy a couple of springs at the same time as keep them as spares in the box it comes in.

Personally, I prefer the red hose over the orange even just using cold water, but thats my personal taste with having using/used both of them. One thing you do have to do is uncoil the hose when you start using it. If you don't it will tangle up at the bottom of the pole as you extend it.

We have found the after sales service from AD on a par with Gardiners. Sadly there is going to be some people who you can never please. They tend to become quite vocal about their experiences, Sadly it becomes a platform for them to promote themselves, and isn't a true reflection on the quality of the product or that of their after sales service.

I have the mk3XL one and I love it to bits - it seems pretty sturdy so far and I think it's just a great bit of kit. I wouldnt be without it now, no way, and if it broke or got lost or stolen or etc etc yes I would buy it again.

That said, my mate doesn't like it! He says he is used to having a tap on the bottom of the pole - fair enough, each to his own, personally i hate having a tap on the pole and that big long loop of hose that gets caught on everything!!

You get use to the weight... the hole 250 grams of it.... lol.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140572218363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I have one off these attached to my belt.

I find this very good as my hand is always near my hip.

I'm in 2 minds whether to switch.

Do you need an Aqua-Dapter for Every pole you have?
We have. We even have one on our SLX40 which doesn't get used all that often. We have 6 poles between us, and they each have an AD on them.
We still occasionally use our Unger Teleplus pole with an outside pole hose for a couple of jobs that need the bend of the pole to reach. I hate having to use a tap with that.

When we used taps, I tried all sorts of ways to hold the tap. I found the best way for me was to wrap the hose around my neck so the tap was on my chest. As with attaching it to your belt or any other place, a slight leak at the Rectus fittings we use meant I got soaked. Alright in a summer like this year, but not good in winter. I also hated that loop.

We also found that we replaced taps on a regular basis. My cost of taps with fittings in a year was about the same as the initial cost of the AD.

Now would someone please come up with a better idea than Protecta Balls where pole hose joins the main hose that doesn't hook up on steps and corners of houses. Thank you. :Image3:

Good posts spruce :Image9:

For me the a-d is a handy bit of kit to have on your poles so would recommend anyone to try one.

Now would someone please come up with a better idea than Protecta Balls where pole hose joins the main hose that doesn't hook up on steps and corners of houses. Thank you. :Image3:
A sponge and gaffa tape to make a smaller object that is more streamlnied so it doesn't catch?

Indeed :Image13:

All joking aside you probably would not notice the difference. :Image16:

Latest Posts

Back