Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any Ideas How To Do This Please( Rc Property)

simon

i'm putting a bilge pump in my tank & want to run the hose & power leads out through the tank lid, but how do i make it water tight & so i can still take lid on & off -- is there some kind of hoselock fitting i could use ???

You the dude who asked me on eBay?

You need a self closing electrical gland £1 this will be a water tight seal around the wires.

You can then drill a hole in the lid for your pipe connections.

For the pipe

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bent-tank-connector-21-5mm-pack-of-5/11326

Place bilge pump on bottom of tank. You need a small piece of hose from bilge pump to a piece of conduit. Then the conduit keeps the pump on the base of the tank. You connect the conduit onto the above connector in the lid.

Then connect hose to above connector with either a trigger or tap so you can turn water on and off.

Ideally you want to aim for 20mm -25mm throughout your system.

Hose lock connections will be too restrictive.

yep that was me , been looking for hull connectors all night & getting more & more confused lmao. i'm really really bad at diy but you have made it look fairly easy, once i've done this bilge pump for my backpack . i'll try a van mount for a few of my bigger jobs

thanks again, big help

is 19mm ok that seems to be what most pump outlets are, only other i could find is 28mm, do you not need a switch on it or is the pump always on ??

yeah my dad runs 19mm.

make sure you get a decent bilge tho.

mine is 1100gph for likr £16 ebay

and yes you need a switch /emoticons/wink.png

Just google how to wire a switch mate lol.

I use a waterproof one from screwfix. About £4 but its the size of a house switch.

Back