Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glass Problem! Advice Please.....

rjacandwc

Hi! All.... I am after some advice.... On the round I have one bungalow which causes me trouble every time I visit... Some of you may say drop the customer and replace. but, I enjoy cleaning for the customer... Although, when I turn up I have a problem at the front of the bungalow (the back of the bungalow is NO Problem!!!)... The front of the bungalow has a small forest of trees alongside and it seems to be putting some sort of white scale type pollen on the lower glass. it is really sticky and seems to embed to the glass. My scraper can go over it and over it (Even with a new sharp blade) and whilst it all comes off eventually it seems to be costing me way to much time!!! Has anyone or does anyone know of or use a product or chemical which can remove this without all the scraping? Richard :)

Viro-sol should get it off.

I've started adding some to my bottles of fairy when I re-fill them. Gives a nice shine to the windows and when were wiping the frames etc down some of the stains have been coming off.

I know this is in the trad section but I simply would use a mild solution of ubik to remove tree sap & pollen residue from glass & plastic frames. Spray onto the wfp brush then scrub and then rinse well with pure. Job done...

The white residue/spotting still left on the glass could also be hard water staining from a garden hose. If so then I would use a product to remove hard water stains.

Try different stuff mentioned allready by other member to simply find out what works best for you :Image9:

I know this is in the trad section but I simply would use a mild solution of ubik to remove tree sap & pollen residue from glass. Spray onto the wfp brush then scrub and then rinse well with pure. Job done...

The white residue/spotting still left on the glass could also be hard water staining from a garden hose. If so then I would use a product to remove hard water stains.
Ive tried two different stain remover before one of them unger. They came back after a few weeks. Is there something you have to treat the glass with after the satin has been removed?

Virsol only stains if left to its own devices, but see in as you wash off with pure water it wont stain.

Tradding glass I've found tends to get dirty again in a short space of time due to mother nature. However I've found wfp window cleaning the glass tends to stay cleaner for longer for some strange reason. Probably due to the fact that there is no soap residue left on the glass so the dirt dosn't stick to it so much.

That's probably one of the main reasons why a lot of ppl now have their windows washed less frequently than trad cleaning as 2 weekly use to be the norm on a trad domestic round.

Back