Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not Happy With Clamps On My New Clx..!

Well, I'd finally managed to save enough £££ for a CLX22, which I received last week.

No more messing about with my old Brodex pole(clamps spinning/sections coming apart) for me!!

But.....I've been patiently trying to get used to/adjusting my new CLX(with 'new style' clamps) and so far been hugely disappointed!

The clamps have a tendency to keep flipping open, sending the other sections crashing towards you- very annoying! Especially the top clamp on the first section(nearest the brush) for some reason. I've tried tightening/loosening the adjustments on it, but you can visibly see the clamp 'springing' open slowly on its own- SO FRUSTRATING! Have to keep dropping whole pole down to re-adjust.

Any body else have this same problem, or no a solution- PLEASE!!

Well, I'd finally managed to save enough £££ for a CLX22, which I received last week.

No more messing about with my old Brodex pole(clamps spinning/sections coming apart) for me!!

But.....I've been patiently trying to get used to/adjusting my new CLX(with 'new style' clamps) and so far been hugely disappointed!

The clamps have a tendency to keep flipping open, sending the other sections crashing towards you- very annoying! Especially the top clamp on the first section(nearest the brush) for some reason. I've tried tightening/loosening the adjustments on it, but you can visibly see the clamp 'springing' open slowly on its own- SO FRUSTRATING! Have to keep dropping whole pole down to re-adjust.

Any body else have this same problem, or no a solution- PLEASE!!
Hi There
This sounds really strange!

Could you email me a photo of this clamp shown in its closed position and its open position. I have not come across this before.

[email protected]

Maybe its cause brodex clamps are really good....

Never used gardiner poles but ive used other poles and my brodex clamps are good.

Maybe its cause brodex clamps are really good....

Never used gardiner poles but ive used other poles and my brodex clamps are good.
hmm....! Food for thought! Will play with over weekend and try to get it working right. Can't fault the pole weight at all, and as for the brush- although I wouldn't use for first cleans, is ideal for maintenance jobs.

Latest Posts

Back