Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Old Falling Apart, Dirty Window Frames...

Pegasus

I have several old windows with 4 large frames fitted in them. How would you deal with the streaks that are bound to occur with the dirt seeping down on to the bottom 2 frames? I could simply not touch the top frame to avoid it happening to the top 2.

Thinking about it I reckon the answer will be do the top 2 then the bottom 2 later as mentioned in a recent thread.

But what do you do with falling apart putty/wood frames?

What you have said is right. Do too two let them drain off. Then bottom two.

Ideally you need a soft brush. Gardiner extreme soft will be ideal. If the frames are really really bad then you could be asking for trouble.

I don't take on what I call hassle jobs like rotten and /or paint peeling frames like that as using wfp on windows like that I think is only asking for trouble.

There is plenty of what I call hassle free work out there so myself I would be picky with what work I take on .... Simples

I'm sure someone mentioned on here recently had glass fall out of a rotten window frame when he was trying to clean it. Oops!...Go figure :Image13:

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.