Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wagtail Pivot Pc Squeegee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ackroyd_82

Just ordered one of these from window cleaning warehouse. Its just a squeegee with the pivot control action. It doesn't have an applicator attached like the others.

Has anyone else got one of these, if so what do you think of it?

Bought it to just do domestic windows as I thought it would be easier. Could take some getting used to.

i am getin one m8 thay look good ill b useing it on a trad pole 4 in side windows it may b better on ur rist 4 normal use tho ??? :Image16:

Let me know your thoughts. It has holes where you can insert plugs to minimise the pivot action.

I tried it tonight and it worked well with the rubber provided. When I changed it to my ettore rubbers, it left a rainbow type haze every time you turned the blade.

When I put the wagtail rubber into my normal squeegee, the same type of haze appeared again no matter how much pressure I put on. Weird!

I have been using a wagtail now for about 6 months the best trad bit of gear I have ever brought it takes a bit of time to get use to it but it is magic after

I have been using a wagtail now for about 6 months the best trad bit of gear I have ever brought it takes a bit of time to get use to it but it is magic after
mark m have u tried the wagtail flipper wash wipe in 1 go thing?

no not yet they looked a bit gimmicky to me at first but now I understand how the wagtail works I am differently going to get one

Let me know your thoughts. It has holes where you can insert plugs to minimise the pivot action.
Been using Wagtails for about a year now. Got various sizes from 10" to 30", I also use the Wagtail Applicator.

You won't need the plugs, you can even straight-pull with Wagtail.....it's all in the wrist action for control.

The secret is........practice, practice and more practice......you'll soon get the hang of it.

If you're going to do pole work, get yourself the 'Wagtail Angle Arm', seems to 'Fan' easier using this for pole-work. It's also handy for a bit of extra reach when blading by hand.

Typical it's raining this morning so still waiting to try it out.

Do you use the red wagtail rubber or something else? I just did my own windows and found that when I replaced the red rubber for ettore, it didn't work very well at all. Maybe the rubber is too soft? It was leaving a rainbow type haze every time I turned.

As soon as the red rubber went back in, no problems.

i use Moerman rubbers in my wagtail , moerman is midway between hard and soft, takes a week to get used to it i found

The 'FaceLift RAZRblade' rubbers I mentioned are midway between soft and hard, think I'll call them 'medium' :Image9: .

And............they're RED :Image7: .

Back