Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bowsers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

have any of you guys ever thought or have owned a bowser with added pressure washer built onto it, any disadvantages , or is it a brill set up. easier to store and fill, all setup to go. lots of prices for second hand ones around.

Someone recently had their pressure washer kit unbolted & nicked from their bowser setup that was locked away in a secure compound.

So you could say it was a wash & gone model. :Image16:

Was thinking of getting one but then realised I don't see the point in towing a water bowser about myself as I always have access to customers outside tap.

Ok using a portable might take a bit longer to setup but being portable still comes in very handy to move the pressure washer about instead of having it bolted to a bowser. With a bowser pressure washer on some jobs I would have access issues so would have to use stupid long lenghs of pressure washer hose to reach the back of a property as I would need to do on say this example.

View attachment 3588

View attachment 3587

yes smurf, I was thinking mainly for council contract street work. small clean up jobs. if I had one I think id unbolt it all the time and put it in shed. ive been very quiet in my pressure washing cleans. but I do like using it as I know the power it has to do any job. ive been concentrating on my window cleaning work for the last few months, plus a few bereavments in my family. maybe Ill go cold calling to the properties I flyer dropped. ive been offered my asking price if I wanted to sell it. I have till saturday to realise if im to keep my full set up. there seems to be a lot of guys with electric washers giving silly quotes.

Around my way my local council has its own clensing department with its own employee's that use the latest kit. So I defo would not get any work from them for sure.

yes smurf, I was thinking mainly for council contract street work. small clean up jobs. if I had one I think id unbolt it all the time and put it in shed. ive been very quiet in my pressure washing cleans. but I do like using it as I know the power it has to do any job. ive been concentrating on my window cleaning work for the last few months, plus a few bereavments in my family. maybe Ill go cold calling to the properties I flyer dropped. ive been offered my asking price if I wanted to sell it. I have till saturday to realise if im to keep my full set up. there seems to be a lot of guys with electric washers giving silly quotes.

Portable, bowser, trailer and van mounted type pressure washer setups I think all have there pros & cons.

Think Donny has the right idea as in one of his vans he can use his van mount pressure washer (with hot option) on some jobs and his portable on others or both if required..

Donny's van mount also doubles up as a bin washing hot/cold pressure washer as the inside of the back of the van has been converted to a bin washing filtration setup.

What a smart cookie he is :Image3:

Back