Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Would You Tackle.....?

KFH19

.....cleaning the inside of a slopping conservatory roof?

Corner conservatory with only 5 panels to the roof, the panels are large on top of the side windows into a point in the corner....L shape conny.

It's not too dirty, but potential problems I can see are...

1) fly poo stuck to the glass

2) heat of the glass, booked for tomorrow afternoon ( my only space, as customer is having blinds fitted in there Friday morning.

3) getting dirty water all over the floor and myself!

Any advice and tips would be gratefully received.

We had a regular inside coservatory job. We asked the custy to move as much as possible.

We laid down dust sheets and used trad equipment upside down.

The trick with that is to find an effective way as time can be easily lost.

We had me do the top half of each pain and I could reach 2 with a clikb and someone doing the lower bits and the surrounding windows then me joining him.

It'll be a pain regardless. Glad it aint me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I use the internal cleaning kit from unger works a treat.

Could you not spray the windows with mix of pure water and a

Smidge of Ecover then just buff dry with a microfibre ?

Done the whole trad thing and dust sheets and its quick. Usually get wet arms lol

there a pig to do especially when its hot wet arms drips all over u so take a spair t shurt lol i trad pole an use a stepy

I take it it has a glass roof?

If so my advice is use that one as a test and try out as many methods as you can think of to find out what best method works for you. Not forgetting the humble karcher window vac too....

Good luck :Image9:

Fly poo, that must be hard to get off.

Brite window cleaner on a tbar mop rub over glass etc, fishscale cloth on top to finish off. All on a small pole.

If it's all nicotine everywhere, charge 3 times the price as it going to take ages. Plus wear gloves as 3rd hand smoke is seriously carcinogenic and very dangerous to your health.

Many thanks for all the sound advice.

I done the job today, the route I chose was....platform ladder, spray bottle with pure water and ecover and the upside down trad technique. It come out really well and the customer was delighted...plus I got the next door neighbour too....so I'm glad it was fairy easy..and as Smurf would say....Simples!

Back