Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wake Up Call, Reasons For Clients Cancelling.

• Thread starter joneswindowcleaners.co.uk
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

joneswindowcleaners.co.uk

Since opening up I have lost my second client. The first client I lost was my own fault, I kept my water pressure down to save money and it cost me no excuses which I learnt from. However I got call this afternoon after cleaning a house who said his windows where that clean from the last clean he doesn't see why he should pay me to clean them again until they are needed despite asking me to clean them every 28 days. He now only wishes to pay for the first clean.

I have removed him from my rota list.

Does anyone have or have had people like this?

Since opening up I have lost my second client. The first client I lost was my own fault, I kept my water pressure down to save money and it cost me no excuses which I learnt from. However I got call this afternoon after cleaning a house who said his windows where that clean from the last clean he doesn't see why he should pay me to clean them again until they are needed despite asking me to clean them every 28 days. He now only wishes to pay for the first clean.

I have removed him from my rota list.

Does anyone have or have had people like this?

Or I am wrong?

We've all had them mate, some people myself included in the past just get rid of them but if the guy calls back just offer a different schedule based on how long it took him to call, up to 12 weeks though after that I'd class it as a first clean and up the money. I charge more for 8 & 12 anyway.

First one well thats just gotta go down to experience and again I bet we;ve all been there.

Tell him straight listen pal you agreed you wanted them doing every 28 days, pay me my money and stop messing me around or I'm guna do something with this pole and its not guna feel very nice.

As its your second customers its gonna hurt your pride and mentally hurt.

Been in this game a few years now /emoticons/wink.png if a customer cancels I don't even bat an eye lid.

Had all the excuses under the sun.

Last one was my gardener is gonna clean them! I said funny that your Gardener retired 4

Months ago. Why not say you have gone back to a trad cleaner who is charging you £20 instead of our £35. She went bright red. Window cleaners talk love. /emoticons/wink.png

Thanks guys, now I feel it was not my quality of cleaning but perhaps picked a prat. I like to meet my new clients face to face before cleaning but if I get a feeling they are going to be prats I will ask for payment up front. I will admit I have a lot to learn and it is ok picking up new clients but picking up good clients is another thing and touch wood I appear to have been very lucky up to now.

I also offer a 100% satisfaction on my cleaning ( which I maybe need to look at if they are people who will take advantage of this ).

Best ones I have had

Could you make it another day because....

I'm having a piano being delivered

I'm having stones put down on the drive and around the back

I'm having the walls of the house painted

All from one window cleaning customer on a monthly clean in just 4 months :Image13:

I was chatting with my own wc a few months back and it doesn't take him much to drop a customer. He was telling me of one bloke that asked "can you leave mine this month, it looks like rain" so he left um and didn't go back. A few months later the bloke saw him in the street and said 'hey, you haven't been cleaning my windows" to which he replied "no...sorry...it looks like rain" lol.

It's not my style as I think a customer should be able to skip aslong as they don't make an habit but, I had to laugh.

Mart.

People want reliable window cleaning service.

I want reliable customers.

It's a two way street. Alot know a one off or not so regular basis is more expensive and just try to get away with messing you around.

Had one this week text, 'I don't need you to clean anymore, the last window cleaner who cleans next door can do the side windows from next doors garden.' I texted back saying 'if you're saying I missed the side windows, then that is not the case.' I put a flyer through the said next door neighbours door this morning. It would be funny if I picked that one up.

She's a daft bint anyway.

Nowt queerer than folk!

I was chatting with my own wc a few months back and it doesn't take him much to drop a customer. He was telling me of one bloke that asked "can you leave mine this month' date=' it looks like rain[/i']" so he left um and didn't go back. A few months later the bloke saw him in the street and said 'hey, you haven't been cleaning my windows" to which he replied "no...sorry...it looks like rain" lol.
It's not my style as I think a customer should be able to skip aslong as they don't make an habit but, I had to laugh.

Mart.

Exactly the attitude ill be taking towards customers.

This Pub I used to clean when i first started, the land Lady said 'I don't want you to clean the windows you charge to much, i will get the Cleaner to do them' I actually undercut myself when I started due to lack of experience at pricing work.

Anyway the pub has changed hands and I have picked the Job back up.

I had a note popped through my door only yesterday as a young couple accross the road just had a baby so could not afford a window cleaner any more...

Was on a bi monthly clean as it was so no great loss...Bless them.

I have a new client today who got rid of his old window cleaner because he only comes round every year to collect. He had his done every 6 weeks I now do every 4 and collect every 3rd clean. It's only £5.50 per clean but still a client desperate to pay every month in my book worth looking after.

Latest Posts

Back