Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Open Windows

Pepe

I have a tradioinal wcr thinking of changeing to pole system what do u do if windows are open and no body home

It's still possible to clean them properly when left open as I often do if I can't be arsed to push them shut and/or tilt & turn are tilted back in the open position. Just don't go squirting water into the openings. Simples

I push them shut within reason. If I feel too much tension on the pole I will clean them as best I can, which is cleaning the glass but not the whites of the frames. The only ones I will leave is if its a sash window. ( is that what they're called?!!). The ones that open vertically. I leave them as I'd flood the inside window sil. And who knows what you could be damaging. That one off photo of their great aunt Senga no doubt!

They really are quite easy to shut. gentle tap to get the movment, then just push. Its no more pressure on the pole than scrubbing birds pooh off with a good scrub... x

some windows get really stif, and awkward to shut, i,ve snapped 2 sections sofar on my extreme, did not make much profit on them two occations :Image6: :Image6:

some windows get really stif, and awkward to shut, i,ve snapped 2 sections sofar on my extreme, did not make much profit on them two occations :Image6: :Image6:
lol i bet u was realy hacked off expencive poles them :Image4:

Just use the clips like shazzy does... Only teasing txt your customers the night before if they don't shut them you don't clean them then do it next time

Just use the clips like shazzy does... Only teasing txt your customers the night before if they don't shut them you don't clean them then do it next time
I would be on the phone all night.

Write the txt and save it as a template then send to many, it's how I used to do it.

I also remind them to unlock gates and keep dogs inside

Write the txt and save it as a template then send to many, it's how I used to do it.

I also remind them to unlock gates and keep dogs inside
Lots of oap don't do texting, I do text some. plus ring some.

Lots of oap don't do texting, I do text some. plus ring some.
+ 1
but i have learnt my lesson now, ......... don't get an extreme pole :Image3: :Image3: only joking, its a good pole, and i mean that. just don't shut stiff windows with them..... jp

Back