Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Stickers And Glue On New Windows

bluemoon

Hi people I've got another question I hope you can answer. I've got a regular customer that have just had all new windows fitted. The fitters have tried to clean the stickers and adhesive from the glass but haven't done a very good job. The customer has said they were recommended something called 'ifi ' cleaner? What would you guys use to clean the adhesive of? Could I use traffic film remover?

Hope this makes sense and someone can help

Thanks

I'd use a scraper.. as long as you use plenty of suds and have a clean blade and do nothing stupid with it you shouldn't damage the glass.

I've used a scraper for stickers, bird poo and silicon for 11 years no trouble.

Scrapers are fine in the right hands, but i have not come across a single builders clean that hasn't got scratched glass. Most of these cleans are by "professional" window cleaning companies. Concrete and scrapers don't mix, neither does sticky residue and not enough lubrication.

The problem lies with the air quotes Damo, there's professionals then professionals who care what their service level is like, I've used a scraper for years on builders cleans and the like and never scratched the glass but been to rectify work after the cowboys have been in and done it dry.

Thanks Damo and everyone. I will try the stuff from B&Q. I've used scraper before and yes always make sure well lubricated, never had problems, just that the customer is very picky and wanted make sure all the glue comes off.

Thanks again.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.