Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stickers And Glue On New Windows

bluemoon

Hi people I've got another question I hope you can answer. I've got a regular customer that have just had all new windows fitted. The fitters have tried to clean the stickers and adhesive from the glass but haven't done a very good job. The customer has said they were recommended something called 'ifi ' cleaner? What would you guys use to clean the adhesive of? Could I use traffic film remover?

Hope this makes sense and someone can help

Thanks

Oh yeah make sure you wear gloves when using it. I know a chap who ate his lunch after using this. Rushed to hospital as he ingested a fair amount somehow.

I'd use a scraper.. as long as you use plenty of suds and have a clean blade and do nothing stupid with it you shouldn't damage the glass.

I've used a scraper for stickers, bird poo and silicon for 11 years no trouble.

Scrapers are fine in the right hands, but i have not come across a single builders clean that hasn't got scratched glass. Most of these cleans are by "professional" window cleaning companies. Concrete and scrapers don't mix, neither does sticky residue and not enough lubrication.

The problem lies with the air quotes Damo, there's professionals then professionals who care what their service level is like, I've used a scraper for years on builders cleans and the like and never scratched the glass but been to rectify work after the cowboys have been in and done it dry.

I use the same as damo sticky stuff removal it is great I put a little bit on leave for a minute then gently rub with a magic sponge sorted

Thanks Damo and everyone. I will try the stuff from B&Q. I've used scraper before and yes always make sure well lubricated, never had problems, just that the customer is very picky and wanted make sure all the glue comes off.

Thanks again.

I carry scraper in my personal bag (unger) prob use it one a week lol.

Bird poo I soak. Scrub soak scrub.

Bee polen (yellow poo) finger nail.

I only use a scraper for prob bird poo.

Tree sap i would use - virosol. (i always carry ubik and virosol in a 1:10 diluted solution)

Hard water stains - Unger Rub out (other cleaners use scrapers)

Stickers,tape - Sticky Stuff remover or glass solvent

Silicone - (silicone remover (lidl £2.99 usually stock it every now and then)

Concrete - Professional concrete remover liquid £20 for 500ml (charge accordingly) I have a job coming up which is less than 10 windows and is a few quid (pics before and after when done)

Finger prints and snail trails (ubik or scrub harder lol)

Back