Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

How Many Lpm Out Of A Tap

jimbob

The higher the flow rate & psi is what cleans surfaces quicker.

You can connect any pressure washer with a higher flow rate than 8 lpm directly to an outside tap. However it will not run at full flow rate or pressure hence why you need a buffer tank. Simples....

Indeed Jimbob

My first one was an 8 lpm pressure washer and was very slow compared to the 3600 psi 15 lpm washer I use now.

Regarding buffer tank I use a wheelie bin. Mostly may I add customers now as can't be arsed to lug one about in the van :Image13:

When I arrive at a job I just asked nicely to borrow their wheelie bin and no one has ever refused yet. Then I use a portable ball valve which is just held in place be tightening the nuts onto the rim and shut the lid down so to stop the tap water overflowing. Simples…

Indeed Jimbob

My first one was an 8 lpm pressure washer and was very slow compared to the 3600 psi 15 lpm washer I use now.

Regarding buffer tank I use a wheelie bin. Mostly may I add customers now as can't be arsed to lug one about in the van :Image13:

When I arrive at a job I just asked nicely to borrow their wheelie bin and no one has ever refused yet. Then I use a portable ball valve which is just held in place be tightening the nuts onto the rim and shut the lid down so to stop the tap water overflowing. Simples…

And when their bin is full of rubbish what do you do? Or do you call on bin day?

Indeed belfast you can as I use a 15 lpm from jetmac that can do either. I've found when its connected directly to a tap jobs take longer to do as the pressure from the end of the lance and flow rate is greatly reduced compared to it sucking from a buffer tank. Simples...

Jet mac systems has a 15lpm that sucks from a tap

I have 3 choices belfast

1. either ask if ok to remove the bags out of the bin

2. use a gorilla tub I carry in the van.

3. connect it up directly to a tap

Most don't mind as their bin is washed out for free as well. :Image13:

And when their bin is full of rubbish what do you do? Or do you call on bin day?

• 2 weeks later...

my first washer was about 12lpm and on some jobs where the tap pressure was low i could hear the pump struggling and eventually the seal on the pump was damaged si id say your way safer drawing from a barrell , wheeliebin etc

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.