Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Staff Wage Increases

S

Solar Steve

»

Hi everyone.

Just wondering about staff wage increases.

1. How often do you increase their wages?

2. How much do you increase their wage by?

3. Would you increase your employed staff wages by more than the self employed part-timers?

Thanks in advance.

Hi steve I only have casual staff so couldnt really help.

But got a few friends working for big companys and they not been getting pay rises.

With whats been going on in this country think ppl are just happy to keep there job.

But if I was in your position I would set monthly targets and if there met then a bonus in there wage packets.

But im sure you know yourself witch staff you value highly and witch you don't.

Neil

What would you be happy with?

You are the boss. Only you know what your finances look like.

I say if they are good employees then do your best to retain them. Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself "would I be happy with that".

Surely you have an idea.

1. Annual wage increases used to be the norm in the UK.

2. The rate of inflation.

3. Certainly not, how would you feel about that if you were a part timer?

not a lot of people are getting wage rises, there seems to be this thing in window cleaning, where people feel they have to pay high wages, so staff don't steal there work,

Yup and thats what happens. They will just get your customers and set up thereselves and undercut you. Keep them happy and they will be happy workers.

Give your permanent staff an increase but don't worry about the self employed if they are contracted, my dad is a contractor and he has to request pay increases

What would you be happy with? You are the boss. Only you know what your finances look like.

I say if they are good employees then do your best to retain them. Put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself "would I be happy with that".

Surely you have an idea.

1. Annual wage increases used to be the norm in the UK.

2. The rate of inflation.

3. Certainly not, how would you feel about that if you were a part timer?
Thanks hot wash. :)

not a lot of people are getting wage rises, there seems to be this thing in window cleaning, where people feel they have to pay high wages, so staff don't steal there work,
No fear at all of that happening mate. All the lads who work for me have been friends long before they began work.

got new lad starting tomorrow

the guy who used to work with me has had to finish work at moment thro ill health abit of a downer four years with me

exactly my position, I've been working for a small business in South Wales for the past 6 years, I was the only one employed by him doing 7 hrs a day 5 days a week. Cleaning £370 + on a daily basis( residential only)

Have not seen a raise in the past 3 yrs even though I've grown his company alot!

I've now decided to set up on my own and for this hard for my self

Look after your employees or they will go and under cut you and leave you with no work

also highly recommend for any boss to always be out there keep up the relationship with your customers. Not just the staff!

Speaking to a lot of commercial window cleaners it seems a lot are now using a bonus system. Downside if they get a complaint they lose their bonus.

It seems to be like "peace work" back in the 80's if anyone is that old, lol.

You have a set min basic wage then bonus structure on how well you perform. This seems to be the growing trend.

Not sure as I can make this bonus thing work. I drive one of the vans and dictate how much work gets done each day. Sometimes it's £300, sometimes it's £600. A daily £ target for the bonus wouldn't work. A complaints style wouldn't work either. I could count on one hand how many complaints we get in a year. ???

Latest Posts

Back