Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ply Lining Transit Floor

Don Kee

Hi all

I've brought a new van and need to paint the floor with a protectacote sort of paint.

The van is already ply lined but i want to rip up the floor ply so i can paint directly on the the metal floor and then ply line it back.

The thing is if i take up the ply line (depending on how it was put in) the chances are it wont be in a condition to put back on.

The question a have is where can i buy just the ply line for the floor of my van?

Ive looked about and can only find full ply ling kits...

Thanks in advance for any help /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hey, I painted my transit floor last week, it had ply down, with about 30 screws, there was quite a few screws I could not unscrew, so I had to rip the wood off.. Was scrap anyway and had no intention of putting back down.

I'm trying to find a large rubber mat, like honeycomb effect so water can drop through it. I think if your wanting to put wood back down you'd be best to protect it too.

I done a bit of shelving out of plywood from b and q, 12mm exterior sheets 2440x1220.. £30 a sheet, but I'd you have flyers take them in and ask to apply for a trade card, you'll get them for £23. Plus can save on other bits and pieces

leave the floor as it is,, get some rubber matting(ebay 16.00 a roll for 3metres by1.20 metres,glue that over the ply line,if ya do it clever ya can go up the sides a bit like skirting.. and silicone any edges for a complete wet floor area that wont damage van

Im in same boat with this, do i rip the ply lining up

or seal it up and protectakote the actual wood?

Or do i rip the plylining up, seal all edges, then protectakote and leave it how it is? Metal floor

Im in same boat with this, do i rip the ply lining up

or seal it up and protectakote the actual wood?

Or do i rip the plylining up, seal all edges, then protectakote and leave it how it is? Metal floor
Up to you it's your van!! I didn't need to seal any edges and the protectakote filled all the screw holes!

Thanks for the replies!!

I would like to get the floor painted, with it being a transit i'm trying to prevent rust as best i can!!!!

(Spent last weekend with it up on a ramp spraying the chassis and sills with anti rust paint!!)

I think you may be onto something with leaving the re plyling and putting these rubbers mat/sheets on though, does anyone have a link...?

Thanks all /emoticons/smile.png

Back