Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Concept2O Wfp Systems

UltraShine

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for another 600 litter full van system

Heard a few people mention the concept2o system and a few others. Any one have any experience or know any know using this, your comments would be appreciated or if you can recommend me another company

Thanks!!

like andy said Richard everingham

or build your own. I am just in the process of building one for someone that has asked me for on and hes getting a 400lt system for less than £900 fitted

save yourself a fortune and build you own it is very easy and does not need a great deal of diy knowledge most of how to do it can be found on You tube

They are a great company to deal with and customer service spot on which is a must. For domestic use then diy is fine.

For commercial contracts (the big ones) etc.. a professional system is a must. Crash tested even better.

They are a great company to deal with and customer service spot on which is a must. For domestic use then diy is fine.

For commercial contracts (the big ones) etc.. a professional system is a must. Crash tested even better.
why would you say a professional system is a must they all do the same job, water in tank, pump that you turn on, hose and pole!

sorry but a properly done diy system is just as good as a £5,000+ system. they all produce pure water!

the system doesn't make it a good job its the water quality and the operator that dose the work and makes it a good job.

you don't need to spend thousands of ponds on a system just to get work!

I was one of 5 companies that was asked to quote for a estimated £50,000 contract and I have a diy system.

because you have spent £10,000+ on system and kit doesn't make you a better window cleaner than someone that has only spent £1000+

why would you say a professional system is a must they all do the same job, water in tank, pump that you turn on, hose and pole!

sorry but a properly done diy system is just as good as a £5,000+ system. they all produce pure water!

the system doesn't make it a good job its the water quality and the operator that dose the work and makes it a good job.

I was one of 5 companies that was asked to quote for a estimated £50,000 contract and I have a diy system.

because you have spent £10,000+ on system and kit doesn't make you a better window cleaner than someone that has only spent £1000+
We have UK wide national companies that come to our unit and not once have I seen a diy system in the back of their vans. Yes you are right same water etc..

On large contracts ( Council's etc.. ) I have known them to inspect their vans for safety etc.. as part of the tender.

If you looking at the scoring system on tenders, safety is one one the scores. Not only on site but the safety of your workers.

So a crash tested system will help you against your competition earn that extra point.

Also image is a huge factor.

It is all dependant on what market someone is going for.

Did it feel good to get that off your chest? :Image13:

I'm thinking buying an expensive bit of kit you would defo need to win more contracts just because it looked good to pay off a big debt. :Image16:

Smurf these guys are turning over £1m a year so goes to show how big business window cleaning is.

I've been to some houses (owners) and thought I'm doing something wrong here :Image4:

We have UK wide national companies that come to our unit and not once have I seen a diy system in the back of their vans. Yes you are right same water etc..

On large contracts ( Council's etc.. ) I have known them to inspect their vans for safety etc.. as part of the tender.

If you looking at the scoring system on tenders, safety is one one the scores. Not only on site but the safety of your workers.

So a crash tested system will help you against your competition earn that extra point.

Also image is a huge factor.

It is all dependant on what market someone is going for.
that's probably because they don't know how to build one! lol let alone fix them on site when something goes wrong with them! then they look idiots because the have to drive away not being able to do the job, lol

the one I was asked to do was for the local council and on the tender at the end, I came out on top of all the others on safety lol

yer image I forgot that also helps to clean windows too lol

I do know what you mean about image, it like uniformed window cleaners and ones that just go round in scruffs.

Did it feel good to get that off your chest? :Image13:

I'm thinking buying an expensive bit of kit you would defo need to win more contracts just because it looked good to pay off a big debt. :Image16:
:Image3:

it just pee's me off when suppliers say these things, the poor guys that are starting off from scratch with-out much money or ones that are going into wfp from trad read these sort of posts thinking they have no chance to get jobs,

spending thousands don't make a good window cleaner, yes good quality equipment helps a lot, but its down to the person that makes it good,

look at the government, they spend billions and yet look how good they are!!!!! lol

The nationals I know of make all their money from sub contracting the work out to local cleaners. Go figure...

So are you saying if you don't have a crash tested system you will not get any work from Nationals?

They don't give a fig what you have as long as you do the work for next to nothing. Am I right or am I wrong?

Depends what work or sector Smurf. Chas accredited companies will not give out work to non Chas accredited window cleaners.

Government contracts and a number of Council contracts require you to be Chas accredited.

Mitie have all the Scottish Sector, they only sub contract to the islands and the window cleaner there is Chas accredited.

If you look at all the major Nationals you will see the Chas sign on their website. This is the market I was referring to showing the whole market from where everything is water tight down to the systems you use. I get asked for risk assessments down from systems to poles etc.. This is what they are required to submit.

Different whole market to what most of us do on here.

Giving the chap a wider broader aspect what our market is like and thought giving some good advise.

Getting back to the original question yes Concept 2o are a good company.

No problems Smurf. One thing that I will strongly advise the fitting of systems isn't as plain sailing as some people think. You have to take into consideration petrol tank location , structure of floor,risk factor etc..

I know a few people who have had their van fail their MOT's and had their systems classed as risk as having being installed incorrectly. Easily sorted but could have been a risk to them and their employees.

No problems Smurf. One thing that I will strongly advise the fitting of systems isn't as plain sailing as some people think. You have to take into consideration petrol tank location , structure of floor,risk factor etc..

I know a few people who have had their van fail their MOT's and had their systems classed as risk as having being installed incorrectly. Easily sorted but could have been a risk to them and their employees.
that's true, my van with the diy system that I built passed the mot!

The nationals I know of make all their money from sub contracting the work out to local cleaners. Go figure...

So are you saying if you don't have a crash tested system you will not get any work from Nationals?

They don't give a fig what you have as long as you do the work for next to nothing. Am I right or am I wrong?
Your not wrong. ......

I got a phone call of one on friday asking me to clean a shop front in my town centre.

At no point did they ask about my company.

They just said the job needed doing asap and they could pay me £5. For inside and out.

I laughed and then said no thank you.

Back