Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thank Goodness We're Back Online!

Masons

Ah, last post time of 1:51pm so I'm the first back to post.

Everyone had a good day?

Felt like a limb missing being offline.

Think everybody missed the site being down today........

Back to work tomorrow, great! (not)

I'm not sleeping tonight as I'm going to work around 1am as I didn't get up at 4 today so I have double my morning work to do.

I'm actually looking forward to it.

Good luck with that masons personally I'm looking forward to this weekends only good nights sleep. And for that reason. . . . .

Ive just enjoyed the break Masons, when you talk to over 100 people a day, to stay off the phone is a blessing really.......no speaking no rudeness, no stroppy receptionists its been great...voice gets a rest.

You mentally shut off with some of the people you deal with, you want to be rude back, but you cant.........I get receptionists that think they can make the decision for the whole company when it isn't up to them, they want to know what the call is about, I dont tell them I just say "its a sales call, Ill call back later" As soon as you tell the person who answers the phone what the call is about they automatically take it on themselves to make the decision.........

You mentally shut off with some of the people you deal with, you want to be rude back, but you cant.........I get receptionists that think they can make the decision for the whole company when it isn't up to them, they want to know what the call is about, I dont tell them I just say "its a sales call, Ill call back later" As soon as you tell the person who answers the phone what the call is about they automatically take it on themselves to make the decision.........
EXACTLY!!!
I never ring companies now unless I have to, and I never tell receptionists why I'm at a business.

Went into an Inn last week, said can I speak to manager he said she was busy and what was I there for. I said I wondered if she'd like a window cleaning quote.

His exact words: "We have a window cleaner already."

I felt like saying "Well done there BRAINS!! I CAN SEE THAT!!!"

But had to say "I know, I wondered if the decision maker would like a competitive quote."

Get it every day, I imagine you go nuts.

Masons Im a bit of a devil when it comes to that, because I will say "oh is it yourself that deals with it?" they back down normally straight away, I say it in a naive tone, like im dumb and a newbie - not sure if I would do it face to face, but tend to get away with it on the phone, ill make a note of the person answering the phone making the decision for the whole company and call back in a few days. It is the problem with walk ins because if you cant see the manager and the person who greets you probably knows nothing about the service that they are getting (because its not their job to deal with it) Had it a few times, the person on reception says all is good, but when I finally get through to who I need, it sometimes isnt good, just perseverance mate

Even if they say that Masons, just say, If I could take the managers email address, I would still like to introduce our company

Indeed, I do the same I call back and back until I get the decision maker, but in person I do my bet business so I stick to that.

I got a job 2 years ago by calling back after being turned away by a shift manager who said they didn't want a window cleaner, then when I spoke to the Store Manager who accepted a quote that now brings in 2,600 a year.

It's all learning and persevering you're right.

Exactly never be put of by the person on front desk or who answers the phone, unless its down to their job to make decisions with regards to this work. Well done, thats great

And thanks, I'll do that.

I once even tweeted Duncan Bannatyne, asking why his staff didn't want to save him money as they kept turning me away, he tweeted back and I introduced my company, but he didn't get back ahaha

Latest Posts

Back