Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

On Off Switch

Pepe

Do poles come with a on off switch for the water.Or do u have fit them your self and if so which is a good one and where do u obtain these from.need info on how this could work.I am a trad w.cleaner .

No mate they don't but there's lots of methods. Most will say aquadapter but others either a trigger or tap on pole or a wireless remote switch.

No mate they don't but there's lots of methods. Most will say aquadapter but others either a trigger or tap on pole or a wireless remote switch.
but how does this work since the tube in the pole moves up when extended where does the switch go sorry for sounding a bit thick but this is all new to me.

but how does this work since the tube in the pole moves up when extended where does the switch go sorry for sounding a bit thick but this is all new to me.
Well I use a tap. It is fitted about 4 feet longer than the pole extends. Most of the time I kink the hose to stop the flow until I need to turn the tap off, ie extending the pole. If I fitted it shorter than the pole extends, I would have trouble :)

Aquadapter is fitted at top of pole and you tug the hose to turn it on and off, new one on the market from I think (may be wrong) Peter Fogwill, aquatec you twist the pole left and right and looks really good. tap some wear on their belt and leave enough hose to be able to extend the pole fully. Trigger I have the unger control one and you can move the hose up and down through it depending on how far the poles extended, I have a loop in the hose but some don't like that. The way I intend to go is a wireless remote switch, you just have a little hand held remote switch that turns power to the pump on and off (radio controlled).

That sounds ace dodger,

Ide love to invest in one of them but i think im just going to use a trigger system for the time being

Dodger mate,

If i have a trigger on my pole, whats the wireless remote switch do that the trigger doesnt? Does powering the pump off prolong the life of the pump ?

I'm guessing that powering off the pump would prolong the life rather than just restricting the flow and putting a strain on the pump yes.

Latest Posts

Back