Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing New Areas

P

pdale

Hi Guys, you may recall at the beginning of the year I was doing a little canvassing to compliment my own window cleaning. This has now taken off, so I have sold what was left of my own window cleaning and intend to focus solely on canvassing.

I have made some slight changes to my service, so decided to list them here as I've been asked individually a number of times.

Most notably I now ask for £100 deposit to secure a weekly/fortnightly slot. It's unfortunate that I have had to do this, but after being let down at the last minute by a handful of cleaners I decided that charging this money sorts out those who are serious about growth to those who aren't. The deposit is however offset against future payments.

I charge 2 x the four weekly clean (or six weekly if that is how you work). On 8 or 12 weekly I charge 1 x for.

Payment wise I ask for cleared funds to be paid on a daily basis based upon how much work I get for that day. The work is generally booked in for the day after, or two to three days ahead ... any cancellations are offset against the next day's payment.

Anything over 50 miles from Dudley I ask for some of the B&B costs covered.

At the end of the canvas run I offer a 10% extra amount of work free of charge to cover any messers or change of minds. On top of this, should any cancel through no fault of your own in the following month and it amounts to more than the 10% I will come back and top the work up for you at no extra cost. At present my cancellation the following month rate is running at 7-8%, have only had one so far where i came back for a day and topped his work up.

A typical package i provide is £500 of work (plus £50 to cover messers) for £1000 ... if over 50 miles 3 nights B&B at £60 per night, if it takes me longer then I take the hit on B&B.

I now cover 100 miles radius of Dudley, booked up for the rest of the month, the first, third and fourth week of October, but have most of November free.

If anyone is interested in securing a week please be aware that as an experienced window cleaner from school (1986), with five years direct sales experience in the 1990's, including training up double glazing canvassers, along with selling Cable TV and Gas/Electric means that I canvas for window cleaning successfully.

I have a number of references (from this site and others).

My canvas pitch on the door is as simple as it gets ... I get the work booked in for you to do the following day or two, all of them know that it is four weekly (or 6 if that's how you work). Those who work through the day, I'll set the customer up so that you clean them, push a note through and call back for the money, or leave BACS details (however you work).

My linkedin profile is http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-dale/5/b9a/5a6

Feel free to PM me, should you wish to know anything else or want a chat over the phone.

Thanks but it's too far for me mate. Just North of, or North London is about my limit down South.

What part of the North West? I cover 100 mile radius of Dudley which takes in Manchester and Liverpool.

Yes i cover Chester ... drop me an email pdale.windowcleaningsolutions (at) gmail.com

Back