Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose Reel Question

Tuffers

I strap mine down to the van floor, but I see some lads using them outside the van. How the hell do you un-wind and wind in with the reel not supported?

I guide the hose in while holding a rag to rid it of grass, water etc.

How do you guys who have it free standing do it? Baffling me.

Unwinding- the hose reel is heavy enough to allow unwinding as long as you pull directly out & in a straight enough line.

Winding- you simply put your feet on metal base supports.

Though I do find this & lifting it the most tiresome aspect of wfp & have been thinking about fixing it to van floor so a timely thread! Off to B&Q then for those clips!

I still use my 100m hose reel free standing as I like to work out :Image13:

That way I can throw it back into the van. That's if I can find any space for it with all the **** I need to carry about :Image3:

I have both, a freestanding one to work with the van locked out of sight, fixed one for when it's okay to work unlocked. Or we can have 2 people working.

We did take 50m off the freestanding one and have the extra in the van if needed. Half the weight.

Gotta take safety precautions anywere really now smurf, theives go looking to rob stuff from nice areas more than **** areas.

Unwinding- the hose reel is heavy enough to allow unwinding as long as you pull directly out & in a straight enough line.Winding- you simply put your feet on metal base supports.

Though I do find this & lifting it the most tiresome aspect of wfp & have been thinking about fixing it to van floor so a timely thread! Off to B&Q then for those clips!
What he said tuffers mate. Im sure ive seen somewere electric reels you just press a button and it starts winding up

Better idea than an electric reel as would work out cheaper is to get someone to do the work for you Andy :Image13:

Mine has 2 wheels on it. I tried using it out of the van when I first stated wfp. It was like taking an elephant for a walk. Bloody thing was rolling around, moving up the drive as I pulled it. It twisted me lemon man. Got it screwed to the van floor these days. I also count as I'm reeling a whole load out in a straight line. Judge the distance to the furthest corner of the property and count 1 foot for every tug on the hose. I'm usually quite accurate.

Back