Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

High Roof Cleaning

Am after some different opinions and prices for this job to clean the underside of the roof that's sticking out from the building. You can't really see in the pic how dirty it is. But it's pretty much just a slight black pollution colour

View attachment 3616

Ive already got the cherry picker in mind and the cost of that. My water fed pole is long enough but to honest the cherry picker is going to make it a lot easier!

View attachment 2117

Yeah gonna be a fun one!! I've also got to do all glass and empty a hidden gutter that's up on that roof! But those bits will be simple. I done a section with my pole to show her how it would come up, but due to the height it would take way to long to do the rest like this when I can just hire a cherry picker to get up close

If you're on a building site then I think you have to have IPAF training. But im pretty sure it's not a legal requirement for the job I'm looking to do. When I when and had a chat with the bloke at the hire place today he and I went over my risk assessment with him all he said was that there'd be a 15min induction before hire. He never mentioned anything about a license!!

About 30ft mate
Depending on how the roof is built would you not get away with using a pressure washing telescopic lance?

Would you not get away with doing it from the ground with a WFP and Ubik? I suppose that would really depend what the build up of dirt was

Depending on how the roof is built would you not get away with using a pressure washing telescopic lance?
Would you not get away with doing it from the ground with a WFP and Ubik? I suppose that would really depend what the build up of dirt was
Yep did think about pressure washer but they have no outside water source, and last time it was tried their kitchen was flooded by previous cotractor!! I did a test patch with my pole and some ubik but at that height it was massive aggro, was hard to get enough scrubbing power, that's when I thought right I need a cherry picker for this!!

Yep did think about pressure washer but they have no outside water source, and last time it was tried their kitchen was flooded by previous cotractor!! I did a test patch with my pole and some ubik but at that height it was massive aggro, was hard to get enough scrubbing power, that's when I thought right I need a cherry picker for this!!
It does look tricky from that angle. I would have though with Ubik it would just need a wipe off. What about really increasing the concentration of it. If there happy for you to get a cherry picker in then go for it mate, like you said would make it so much easyer

It's a tough call, yeah could increase concentration, i use about 1:10 ubik to water at the mo. I'd prefer to do it all by pole tbh, would be a lot less hassle than picking up cherry picker in morn, towing it there, and keep setting it up with each move. But as I say when I done that test patch it was mega tough to scrub at that height! Pricing it up is fun haha!!

If you are paying the normal hire price for a cherry picker, then you may find that a Scissor lift is cheaper and would probably work on that job.

If you are paying the normal hire price for a cherry picker, then you may find that a Scissor lift is cheaper and would probably work on that job.
I did originally think about a scissor lift, but due to the ground being uneven in places I decided to go with the cherry picker, it was only £15 more expensive for the day and will be able to use the outreach to my benefit. Thanks for the idea though mate

How much would the cherry picker cost to hire per day? What price have you quoted?
Cherry picker was £100 for the day, and after sitting down and working out the type of job and the time needed to do it the quote was quite a bit more! Including cherry picker it came in at about £800 for everything they wanted doing

Back