Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neil

Generator For 3000Watt Gutter Vac

Neil

Anyone got any advice on these as I need one for when people aren't in (no access to plug sockets) how much are they and what will I need to run my vac? Thanks in advance

Andykarlaxxx

Any 5kw or higher, there is one ive got my eye on called the pramac8000. Perfect for a 3000w guttervac

Andykarlaxxx

I you read description on that it tells you continuouse output 2.8kw which is 2800w so it wouldnt be any good that one

Neil

So if it says 3200watts (max) / 2800 continuous will it work but I won't get full power or will it just not work?

Andykarlaxxx

No need to say sorry i did the exact same when looking for one, luckily enough my dads a mechanic so engines he knows,

I thought about that question too, will it work but just not give full power using a 2800w generator, so in theory the guttervac would run at 2800w

This is a risk you take, it may work but it may not, i rang up a generator place and they advised to get a generator OVER 3000w because they said it may require an addition bit of extra wattage to fire the internal motor in the guttervac,

Hope that makes sence mate,

Andykarlaxxx

An yea there deer as hell, i cant afford one at the moment, theres a good few second hand honda ones on ebay, honda ones are ment to be best bud

Neil

I need to have a shop around now I think and see what ones there are cheers Andy top man

Andykarlaxxx

No probs bud glad to have helped someone for once lol

Andykarlaxxx

Lol how did you get on with the man-nappy bud? No review?

chilt69

I use a 5.5 generator with my guttervac, and it handles continuous running of all 3 motors without any loss of suction.

Bit of an overkill, but would rather have too much than not enough.

Andykarlaxxx
I use a 5.5 generator with my guttervac, and it handles continuous running of all 3 motors without any loss of suction.

Bit of an overkill, but would rather have too much than not enough.

Defo

chilt69

Defo

Plus, if I ever suffer a power cut at home, I can run the house off of it!

chilt69

Mines not much smaller than that! Weighs about 90kgs, bit of an effort pushing it up the ramps into the back of the van.

Andykarlaxxx

Jesus lmao, can pick up pramac ones that are 25kg

Smurf

That was hired in by the company I did that job for which just so happend to be a building firm :Image3:

I don't own a genny and hardly ever have to rent one either so would be pointless me getting one. Simples...

norm

Smurf like to see a few more cones round your equipment :Image4: h+s

:Image13:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.