Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky Vac Any Good?

swifty76

Hi guys/gals (maybe)

I was wondering whether anybody would be kind enough to give me their opinions on the SkyVac, is it worth the money? are there other machines out there as good for less money?

Cheers

Looks ok to me but after all it's just a wet vac & some poles. So it is worth the money then personally I would say probably not.

I have sky vac poles, which are very light and push together/come apart quite easily - and no clips to catch your thumb on! :Image5:

They come with all the attachments you need in a snowboard style bag. The blue rubber connectors can bend during use and then block.

The poles/attachments/tubing are only 40mm dia so again these sometimes get blocked which can be irritating - especially with dry lumpy moss.

The poles are quite expensive - I paid over £650 for 4 poles (with attachments), ETS trading seem to be a bit cheaper but I have no experience of their product.

The vax machines are Nilfisk Alto and can be obtained far cheaper from the Manufacturer/dealers - which is what I did.

So, expensive, can sometimes block, but very light and easy to use.

Not sure whether I have helped or not!!

I have sky vac poles, which are very light and push together/come apart quite easily - and no clips to catch your thumb on! :Image5:

They come with all the attachments you need in a snowboard style bag. The blue rubber connectors can bend during use and then block.

The poles/attachments/tubing are only 40mm dia so again these sometimes get blocked which can be irritating - especially with dry lumpy moss.

The poles are quite expensive - I paid over £650 for 4 poles (with attachments), ETS trading seem to be a bit cheaper but I have no experience of their product.

The vax machines are Nilfisk Alto and can be obtained far cheaper from the Manufacturer/dealers - which is what I did.

So, expensive, can sometimes block, but very light and easy to use.

Not sure whether I have helped or not
i had a set of ets carbon fibre poles and 2 of the poles split after a few months use so i ended up getting a refund , there aluminium poles are also ****

I wished now I downloaded and kept a pic of a lad using carbon poles on a 3 storey commercial job. The carbon poles came apart with top section and gutter tool inc guttercam attached left sticking out of a downspout. Was like that for 2 days until he go hold of a long enough ladder to get it unstuck and back down to earth. Needless to say the customer was somewhat ****** off. :Image3:

That was the last straw so was the very last time he ever did guttervac jobs poor chap :Image13:

Back