Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading To The New Gardiner Pole?

New toys are always great. Smart clamps. Mmmm. Might put some on my old pole and see if they improve what was ruined by the old clamps.

Has anyone fitted smart clamps to a worn pole and had an improvement?

I fitted the new clamps to a clx I had, didn't make much difference really, plus when open the new clamps are loose, so sold the clx

Im currently using the gardiners smax40

may be upgrading to the slx47 which has a reach of 52ft

then i may be getting a clx27 & clx18

so ill have 3 different poles to work with /emoticons/smile.png

Im currently using the gardiners smax40

may be upgrading to the slx47 which has a reach of 52ft

then i may be getting a clx27 & clx18

so ill have 3 different poles to work with /emoticons/smile.png
But you sold your smaller pole to Kentkleen a while back as you wanted only 1 pole to do everything. What's changed?

I put the new clamps on my old clx, and bought a new clx18, the new clamps are great, not loose on mine, just tighten em up a wee bitty job done

But you sold your smaller pole to Kentkleen a while back as you wanted only 1 pole to do everything. What's changed?

I think he is learning that a smaller everyday pole is good to have

I have a play with another window cleaners clx 27 the other day and I wasn't too inpressed.

Although it did feel light.

Think the clamps I would get use too in time but it wasn't love at first sight lol

H with all this money your earning u should sell your smax and get a reach it.

U will be the only man in the northeast with one and all other window cleaner will be sooo jealous of you.

Plus its 1 pole for every job and 3 years guarantee

Reach it? Wouldn't buy-iT

Why have so many poles?

Clx 27 is a blooming nightmare fully extended and I would not recommend it.. Clx 18 would prob not be as bad.. Anything longer tho and you need carbon fibre.

Slx 22 or 25 is a great everyday pole for domestic 2 - 3 storey

I was joking about the reach it pole .

Soo expensive when you have to buy the add ons.

Im using a bordex alloy pole and its fine.

Clamps are good.

Theres lots of pole out there that will do the job for all differant budgets.

Although reach-it the only company I know off offeri g a 3 year guarantee.

H with all this money your earning u should sell your smax and get a reach it.

U will be the only man in the northeast with one and all other window cleaner will be sooo jealous of you.

Plus its 1 pole for every job and 3 years guarantee
it gets earnt then spent mate its all bills and bills and debts and debts lol

Wish i could splash out and upgrade my poles but maybe after christmas i might save all my tips i get this xmas and put it in a jar and buy a new pole with that /emoticons/tongue.png

Good idear.

Dont always get lots of tips

but last Christmas I got loads. Well over 400 pounds

But it normally goes on staff night out..../emoticons/smile.png

i have a facelift carbon 22ft its ace no spinning at all its realy stiff an lite, my super max 47ft spins all the time does my head in im getin clamp up grades to c wat there like alex said u cant over tighten them so they sound good any 1 who is still having problims crank them clamps right up

Back