Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ubik 2000 - Using It On Guttering, Will It Affect Window Cleaning After?

vinny8467

HI All

I have read many posts about using UBIK 2000 to spray on guttering to loosen the sh1t before cleaning it off. Should any of this drain onto the windows which is highly likely, will this affect the cleaning of them after using WFP system?

Thanks

Vinny

Drips will defo get on glass, frames & sills when cleaning guttering, facia soffit & cladding so need to be mindful like using any chem that it doesn’t dry out on the surface as could leave a stain. Using too strong a mix of ubik I've found can also discolour white plastic as it reacts with the dirt.

Quite a few including myself use ubik as a boost to do first cleans on filthy windows too. So regards to affecting wfp work you just have to rinse well to get rid of any residue to help reduce spotting & drip marks when the glass dries out. Simples....

I'm an ex chemical engineer so make my own, it's water based and contains d-limonene so all natural too.

Eclipse - Is this something you sell?

Smurf - Do you apply it to the guttering via the brush or have your rigged up some kind of extended lance / sprayer?

Eclipse - Is this something you sell?
No it's not, it's not worth the effort to get into the market tbh.

Is it a secret formula?
Not really, the chemicals involved aren't that easy to come by in small quantities though and it's tricky to get the pH right.

Back