Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing A Family Member?

• Thread starter DCS-Window Cleaning
  • Start date
D

DCS-Window Cleaning

Hi guys,

Could some who has don't it or knows exactly how it is done please inform me of the most cost affective method of employing a family member.

In my case it is my wife who currently is a full time house wife and don't wish to find a job as she needs flexibility to be able to look after my child after school and in holidays.However I could do with a hand from her a couple of days a week and would like to utilise her tax allowance in the process as it is currently not being used as she don't clame any income at all.

I have an accountant who I would, and probably will ask but I thought I would see if others do this before I do.

Thank you.

Ur keen arnt you mate, living AND working with the woman. Get in your van and drive long and far and do not look back....

On another note dont no what you mean withnthe question u talking about how to pay least amount of tax or somethin?

@ Andy, I would love to have my wife work for me. It would be nice to have the upper hand for once. lol On a serous not it would suit ideal as she could work as and when she wanted and not have to get time off form an employer. Also I'd not have have the trouble I have had in the past with staff. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

@Hotwash, Yea I know. I just wondered if any one would advise going ltd and making her a partner? My accountant is reluctant for me to go ltd for some reason. I think because its more work for them.

Why employ the mrs, wouldnt it a lot less hassel if she was self employed? and a lot easier to sack her :Image9:

Employers liability insurance.

Ni contributions.

Pension.

I imagine that the accountant is the best for advice on this matter.
Employers liability is not nesseccary if your employees are family members..

I think you are mistaken, if a family member is an employee then you require it the same as any other person.

If the family member just working to help out not on the payroll then that is different.

I'm pretty sure I'm not mistaken Hotwash.. I'll have a look at my policy later to see if I can quote anything.. Might be different with some insurers tho

You are not required to pay the minimum wage to a family member living in your house....that much I know. Maybe the same applies with employers liability if, they live in the same house ?

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this too.

Latest Posts

Back