Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Would You Charge

nwcs

hi been doing this the last couple of years,

as you can see its worth a couple of million pounds,

so how would you charge it ?

its in a small village and I do several other house there so no traveling time for this 1 job,

I do it wfp and it takes about 45 mins that's from pulling up to leaving, that's taking my time,

I do it ever 3 months although sometimes every 2 months when customer ask me too, im in the village every month so it makes no difference,

othere then whats on the pic theres a small wooden conny , 1 smaller window on a flat roof and 3 small downstairs windows on the other side,

so what would you charge,,,,? hourly rate or as its big and worth big money charge more....?

View attachment 3656View attachment 3657

View attachment 2128

View attachment 2129

I clean one of a similar size, when I quotes it I was at £40 for every 8 weeks or £55 for every 12 weeks.

think the clues in the picture, look closer. shes bricked up 5 windows just so she doing have to pay big window cleaning bills, lol

Windows in that type of house were often painted on/bricked up due to the way the local tax was calculated on the amount of windows in a property.

i think £30 is a good price m8 leave as is i think u dont wana lose it but then if ur bizzy an ant bothard then put in it up a bit ant no risk an u could b £££ in

Windows in that type of house were often painted on/bricked up due to the way the local tax was calculated on the amount of windows in a property.
That's true!
Houses were taxed on amount of windows they had, that is why you see a lot of buildings with bricked up windows!

i think £30 is a good price m8 leave as is i think u dont wana lose it but then if ur bizzy an ant bothard then put in it up a bit ant no risk an u could b £££ in
yes i know what you mean, i am happy with the £30.

but my pricing isn't the best, ive been happy with my prices too much and ive got jobs ive never put up in 10 years....!

ive been told many times i should put my prices up ever year or two,

after last winter i decided that i needed to put my prices up before this winter,

i find i can price 5 10 15 20 min jobs fine, its my bigger houses i some times get it wrong, ive got some 45 min jobs that i only charge £18 for

i find the bigger the house the less they wanna pay,

yes i know what you mean, i am happy with the £30.

but my pricing isn't the best, ive been happy with my prices too much and ive got jobs ive never put up in 10 years....!

ive been told many times i should put my prices up ever year or two,

after last winter i decided that i needed to put my prices up before this winter,

i find i can price 5 10 15 20 min jobs fine, its my bigger houses i some times get it wrong, ive got some 45 min jobs that i only charge £18 for

i find the bigger the house the less they wanna pay,
im the same big jobs r harder defo to price ,an ur rite they dont wana pay out probly cos they r living above there means

3 mth cleans, thats only 120 a year ...A 3 bed new build would be paying that per year on a monthly, charge more is what I say, maintaing that house for 120 per year is not good enough imo.

3 mth cleans, thats only 120 a year ...A 3 bed new build would be paying that per year on a monthly, charge more is what I say, maintaing that house for 120 per year is not good enough imo.
what would you charge bud,

remember it only takes 45 mins and I don't have time to take my time as I have other work to do

£30 for 45mins is nothing to complain about.. It's your business.. It's not up to anyone on here to decide for you..

Personally I'd be happy with £30

I was thinking a while ago how the F do some people get away with charging so much etc etc, it was making me think maybe I'm too low? But at the end of the day half the people on here are prob talking balls.. I work for myself, work the hours I want, earn double triple what some of my mates earn working 40 hours stacking shelfs..

Maybe you should work on all the low paying houses you mentioned.. And bump their prices up.. I put 90% of my prices up this year and didn't lose anyone

£30 for 45mins is nothing to complain about.. It's your business.. It's not up to anyone on here to decide for you..

Personally I'd be happy with £30

I was thinking a while ago how the F do some people get away with charging so much etc etc, it was making me think maybe I'm too low? But at the end of the day half the people on here are prob talking balls.. I work for myself, work the hours I want, earn double triple what some of my mates earn working 40 hours stacking shelfs..

Maybe you should work on all the low paying houses you mentioned.. And bump their prices up.. I put 90% of my prices up this year and didn't lose anyone
+1 for that some of the prices people say there charging there either full of **** or ripping people off

So just because some people are willing to charge more for their services they're either full of **** of ripping people off?! If the customer is happy then nobody is getting ripped off.

So just because some people are willing to charge more for their services they're either full of **** of ripping people off?! If the customer is happy then nobody is getting ripped off.
theres charging more e.g £80 for a 2 hour £50-60 job then theres ripping off charging £160 for the same job. as for the full of **** bit yeah people do tend to exagerate ive been doing a gutter clean when another windys asked me how much im charging them and when i told him he said i was to low he did next doors for £90 but 15 mins later the neighbour came out asked me how much then said oh my window cleaner only charges me £20, dont know how long youve been a window cleaner, but youve been on the forum 5 minutes youll soon see what were talking about

Been window cleaning 5 years, I've been told I'm too cheap before by other window cleaners especially in town on commercial stuff, also been told I'm too expensive too though.

Been window cleaning 5 years, I've been told I'm too cheap before by other window cleaners especially in town on commercial stuff, also been told I'm too expensive too though.
youll know what im on about then, some people do exagerate alot as for the over pricing it just winds me up im registered with a orginasiation that finds trades for the vunerable e.g disabled, blind, elderly and also with the trading standards on there trusted traders scheme and do alot of work for a charity housing project, i just get so wound up when people charge extortionate prices for work, ive done jobs were people wanted over £400 for 4 hours work

my m8 had a big job domestic house he priced it up very high then 7 or 8 months l8er he had a call sory darren u do a realy good job but some 1 is gona clean my windows a lot cheeper an i cant afford u any more,that made me think u can defo over price an lose wrk just 4 b in greedy

Back