Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which Backpack?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaning Rayleigh

I've decided I need to buy a backpack set up to go with my van mount, for all those annoying houses with no access to the rear apart from through the house!! Who has got one and what do you recommend? Have looked at the big boy from wcw and the gardiner backpack. Advice appreciated!!

Check review section for my review on the gardiners backpack.. Been over a year and hasn't missed a beat.. It's got a great battery life and great pressure even on 3 storey.. Think they are only £88 now so it's a bargain

Cheers Belfast, will have a lil look at the review. I do love Gardiners so am swaying that way!!

Check review section for my review on the gardiners backpack.. Been over a year and hasn't missed a beat.. It's got a great battery life and great pressure even on 3 storey.. Think they are only £88 now so it's a bargain

The gardiner back pack goes through the water very quick. Even at the lowest speed.

I had a shur-flo and would get 4/5 houses done. The gardiner I am lucky to get 2.

Just my two cents

The current Big Boy has a much slower pump installed along with 3 way speed controller. More work with less water.
What lpm and psi is the big boy?

Slower flow, more rinsing, slower working, losing ££... And with only 3 speeds.. The gardiners backpack can be varied more as it dosent have set flow rates..

When I started I use to like the gardiners on the lowest flow.. Now it runs full blast..

The gardiner back pack goes through the water very quick. Even at the lowest speed.

I had a shur-flo and would get 4/5 houses done. The gardiner I am lucky to get 2.

Just my two cents
Gardiners backpack pump can be controlled from 1.0-2.5lt

How slow do you want to go?

What lpm and psi is the big boy?

Slower flow, more rinsing, slower working, losing ££... And with only 3 speeds.. The gardiners backpack can be varied more as it dosent have set flow rates..

When I started I use to like the gardiners on the lowest flow.. Now it runs full blast..
Not 3 speeds - 3 way - On (full), Off and variable. I would think if you run out of water to quickly you would be losing ££'s!!

my 18l 0ne on full blast is as powerfull as my van mount purefreedom flow con on {50} it has a spinning *** to turn up an down

Not needed for PVC cleaning mate, you can rig up to the customers tap to wash fascias, conservatories etc..

I would recommend a budget wfp for cleaning PVC, possibily the new facelift renegade, and I love the gardiners sill brush for washing PVC..

Pre spray With ubik2000 and wash of.. Wee buns

The backpack would be very handy for those hard to reach windows tho so no risky ladder situations..

Ah! Thinking I need to start taking on this type of work. Is this type of gear you will be stocking?

Back