Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scrimms Questions!

mufcglen

hi guys,ive really taken to scrimms over the micros for regular use now but ive got a few questions.

whats the best way to wash and dry them after use?

and second is i find when i first use prewashed scrimms i bought from wintecs they give alot of furry fibres off on the glass,is there any way of stopping this?

i wash mine with a pea sized amount of fairy liquid and air dry them if you put them in the tumbler they go all rubery, as for the fluff/lint thats normal it usually just blows off the windows

When I used to use scrims I used to put them in the washing machine with no detergent then just let them air dry!

I just throw my scrims, micro fibres and applicator sleeves in the washer together. Stick them on an hour wash at 60c and then stick them either on the washing line or the radiator to dry. I usually give the slightest squirt of fairy in the drum depending how much soap is still in the applicator sleeves.

Mart.

I don't use them anymore apart from wiping sills down, I use micro suede for drying the edges and cleaning glass.

when i wash mine i put a bit of washing power in an tumble dry after keeps them soft i hate cloths like cardbord i tumble dry mine at the end of each day so thay stay soft an it gets the dust an **** off

I either hand wash them myself depending how dirty they are, Bucket of cold water and just ring em out. When they're quite bad from the rubber seals (the black marks) i put them in the washing machine with no detergent or softener and just hang dry them. I don't put them on the radiator because i think they have a funny smell when you do that.

I just put my scrimms and sill cloths in washing machine at 60oC, I use washing powder to get them really clean, like others have said sometimes they get really dirty with black marks etc.

As to stopping getting any lint on windows I just use finger on scrim to detail and make sure the rest of scrim does not touch window.

Hi guys seems I'm doing it the same way as most of you, I just throw it in the washer without any detergent etc and leave to dry naturally although when I first use them they feel slightly hard and crusty until they've got slightly dampish!

I was using micros before I started using scrimms and the reason I preferred scrimms from my experience was I seemed to leave more marks with micros?

Maybe I wasn't doing something right but I just feel scrimms are easier to use even when damp?

Hi guys seems I'm doing it the same way as most of you, I just throw it in the washer without any detergent etc and leave to dry naturally although when I first use them they feel slightly hard and crusty until they've got slightly dampish!

I was using micros before I started using scrimms and the reason I preferred scrimms from my experience was I seemed to leave more marks with micros?

Maybe I wasn't doing something right but I just feel scrimms are easier to use even when damp?
From experience, Microfibers do not smear! But they soak water like wildfire!

Scrims last longer

Microfibres detail better than scrim. Even when you think you've detailed well with a scrim it will leave a mark. I find micros don't leave marks, but soak up the water rapid.

Scrim wears out, but I've never had a micro wear out.

Wintecs sell some very good ones which are blue and probably better than the Unger ones.

sorry guys when i said even when damp i meant when i have that little spot of dampness you get from using the same rag again and again picking up bits of wetness whereas i find if the micro gets little bits of wetness they smear it?

ive been using the blue unger medium micros but think i'll give some other type of micros a go see how i get on!

i mainly use a damp scrimm on the frames and sills getting all those dam cobwebs and dead flying daddy long legs off!

I squeegee the water onto the sill then I wipe round the frame and sill with my scrim. Finally, I give a quick wipe round the edge of the glass with my micro to remove any smears.

Mart.

Latest Posts

Back