Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Way To Expand ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

What is the best way to expand ?

Once i gain another 80-120 customers i will be very very busy non stop so i was thinking i should get a bigger van with a 2 man setup?

I was also thinking of getting another van on the road with a full time employee... but i dont think that is the way forward because id rather have someone working with me so i can keep an eye on them lol so forget that !

I currently drive a pug partner with a payload of 600kgs so i only carry 450 litres water max. But i thought i could always go home everyday at dinnertime and fill up and at the same time get something to eat /emoticons/smile.png So maybe i dont need a new van ?

Would u get a bigger van ? The negative side of the getting a bigger van is that i think small vans such as my pug partner are ideal for residential jobs.... and most of my work is residential... It can be a headache reversing etc with bigger vans... especially when am always parking on the customers driveways

Thanks

Seems like you answered a lot of questions yourself, I'd probably stick with the small van. Find someone to work with. Train them well and when you trust then go get another van and system for them to work from.

A vivaro isn't hard to reverse at all, they fit in all but the narrowest of drives. I'll be having one when my partner gets replaced (or at least something that big)

Ive just baught an 07 vivaro, going to get a reversing camera and sat nav cd player, easy to reverse though with just the sensors

I dont need sensors its just that with my small van i can fit in tight gaps etc... with a big van it wouldnt be possible on some occasions

i had a astra estate an now have a scudo, it was a nte mare to park at thurst compared to astra but now im used to it its fine, so u will get used to the size after a wile as for parking sensers 1 of my custys had them she was reversing out her drive way an hit my astra cos they failed lol, put me off wanting them but they r a good ider as lng as they dont fail :Image4:

I have a swb transit 260, brill van easy to park!!!

Engines a work horse, and ive had the underneath floor,sills and chassis undersealed so no chance of rust any time soon!!

I once hit a car reversing a 7.5 ton box lorry I hired to more some stuff about. Funny thing was I hit a car parked right up behind it as did not see it in the mirrors.

It also happened when I was still in the hire compound too so was not a great start to my day. :Image13:

Latest Posts

Back