Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Women Gossiping About Us...

those women just dont understand the fact that no matter how many windows there are each job is differnt price due to Acsess issiues, high/tall windows they think there getting ripped off when on avarage there only paying a few quid a week!!!

lol is this one shazzy /emoticons/smile.pngWe pay by the hour, but I can't remember how much. 12 pounds per hour maybe? Last time we paid 36 pounds. There are two of them and 1.5 hours sounds about right. There are a lot of tricky windows. Fortunately they don't come very often as they are so busy. I wouldn't want to pay that every month.

Rather bizarrely, one of them told us this week that she just finished her MA in Literature, but plans to carry on cleaning windows!

lol is this one shazzy /emoticons/smile.png We pay by the hour, but I can't remember how much. 12 pounds per hour maybe? Last time we paid 36 pounds. There are two of them and 1.5 hours sounds about right. There are a lot of tricky windows. Fortunately they don't come very often as they are so busy. I wouldn't want to pay that every month. Rather bizarrely, one of them told us this week that she just finished her MA in Literature, but plans to carry on cleaning windows!
He he :Image13:

This is what I wrote

Hi all,

As a window cleaner remember you get what you pay for.

Is your window cleaner fully insured if he falls of the ladder on your property can he claim against you? Are they paying tax or just topping up their dole money? Are they following health and safety procedures? Are they doing a proper job by cleaning doors, frames or are they just giving the glass a quick wipe? You got to remember the time it costs getting to your house, unloading ladders etc, business expenses such as advertising, fuel, insurance, tools. You then gotta have something left over to feed your family and pay household bills. You won't get me doing a house for anything below £10 and for those who still disagree why not hire your own ladders and risk your own neck.

Oh dear me... :Image16:

That will wind the mums on that forum up. Maybe what you should have said is buy a karcher window vac instead and don't forget to use your husbands long pole too :Image13:

Back