Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter's Coming, Thinking Of Going Hot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

that's the same that I have, there ones just have the safety over heating device removed!

the ones you can buy on ebay are ok, but some need to have a bigger pump fitted due to the flow rate they need to work.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion hotwash.

Regarding winter you may get a few extra days when the winter months are bad with day temp remaining below sub zero. But wfp window cleaning in sub zero temps with ice and maybe snow also on the ground even using warm water is plan daft if you ask me.

Hot water is not just about winter, it's the best way to clean tuffers, get one you won't regret using hot water system. We use hot all the time, I couldn't and wouldn't want to be using cold again.

If you get Lpg just fit in accordance with manufacturer recommended installation. Gas is dangerous if not properly vented with a flue. Don't be a cowboy and do it properly.

Benefits of hot water, quicker cleaning and warm hands.

If the floor is icy Smurf we just don't work, a bit like when it rains we don't work either.

Just poped out to do a quote on this one which I think is a good example of when best to use hot instead of cold water.

View attachment 3687

Makes the job so much easier and use less chems too :Image9:

Hot water is not just about winter, it's the best way to clean tuffers, get one you won't regret using hot water system. We use hot all the time, I couldn't and wouldn't want to be using cold again. If you get Lpg just fit in accordance with manufacturer recommended installation. Gas is dangerous if not properly vented with a flue. Don't be a cowboy and do it properly.

Benefits of hot water, quicker cleaning and warm hands.

If the floor is icy Smurf we just don't work, a bit like when it rains we don't work either.
I could leave the back doors open like I usually do. That would be OK wouldn't it hotwash?

that's the same that I have, there ones just have the safety over heating device removed!
the ones you can buy on ebay are ok, but some need to have a bigger pump fitted due to the flow rate they need to work.
Got a pic of your hot set up RC? How is the gas bottle held in place? etc etc

Got a pic of your hot set up RC? How is the gas bottle held in place? etc etc
yer there is a video on youtube of my set up, gas bottle is strapped in and has a bike padlock on it to the frame I built for the heater to make sure it stays in place

RC or anyone else let me know where they got the their gas water heaters from? Getting ready for winter!

Also, do i need to change my hose (on reel) and pole hose to cope with hot water?

What temp at the brush head should i use, dont want to crack any glass!!

Cheers guys

Back