Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long will pure water last in drums

fuggytail

Hello to all does anyone no how long pure water will last stored in drums. And what is the highest tds reading i can safely use without spotting thanks for any info regards fuggy.....

I dont use any water that is over 5ppm. I'll always change the resin / filters at this point.

As for how long does Pure Water last for? I don't know the answer to this.

James.

I dont use any water that is over 5ppm. I'll always change the resin / filters at this point.

James.
Thanks James my ppm as just gone to 001 and im only just starting up and don't want to have anyone moaning at me lol .The reason why i ask how long does the water last i used my trolley last week and left it half full of water which was 000ppm but today when i checked it before i added more it add risen to 008ppm so i was just wondering weather the ppm will rise over time if not used right away thanks for the info James ATB mate..

As far as I know it lasts months, if not longer.
The water should last you months and months. The ppm will not rise over time. If it's at 0 ppm it won't suddenly be 5ppm 2 months later, It will still be at 0.

The only difference I know of is when water is left standing for long periods of time it starts to turn a yellow colour. It also starts to pick up defects such as mold, algi etc. However, this still doesn't effect your ppm levels.

PPM obviously stands for Parts Per Millions. If you take out the particles, more particles won't start to grow over time as you have erased them through the filteration process.

Hope this helps you.

James.

Good point from reform - Legionella can be a risk, but also dont forget there is no chlorine etc in it to keep other nasties at bay - so dont be tempted to drink any!

James.
Thanks James my ppm as just gone to 001 and im only just starting up and don't want to have anyone moaning at me lol .The reason why i ask how long does the water last i used my trolley last week and left it half full of water which was 000ppm but today when i checked it before i added more it add risen to 008ppm so i was just wondering weather the ppm will rise over time if not used right away thanks for the info James ATB mate..
if your container was not 100% clean, the pure water in your container might be drawing out the dirt, hence the rise in ppm

Latest Posts

Back