Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Got One Of These Gutter Vacs?

I bought it about 2 months ago. I would recommend it. My first vac, so I'm no expert on them. It is big and takes up a lot of space. I struggle to get my wfp gear and vac in the van at the same time. The tools are a bit cheap and look like they are made in someone's garage. They do the job though. If you do buy it make sure the thumb screws are always tight ad I lost one god knows where on a job. Oh and the poles are friggin heavy at length and at an angle.

Would I buy it? Yes!

Cheers for that Tuffers, always nice to know what someone else thinks of tools.

another local guy is going to show me the vac he bought for similar money, wonder if its the same one.

At this price it would only take approx 10 - 15 jobs to get the cost back which is a big plus

looks same as ets guttervac.Wouldnt be suprised bought from China from one source and different companys put their stickers on them

Yep norm looks like an ets vac to me but just the head is a different colour. Chepo china vac's are not really built for everyday use gutter clearing as found the motors can die very quickly.

As for the poles they look heavy and will be ball breaking to use but for the money even if the vac lasts a few months could generate loads of dosh if you have the work for it.

Any other vacs that people have and could recommend?

Cheers Tuffers...did look at the link, not sure about getting second hand as no come back if goes bang

I've got the 4200 watt 110v omnipole guttervac. Been using it for 4/5 years now, and still going strong. One small issue with a break in the wire where it enters into the machine, but half hour & some wire cutters sorted that problem out!

Not cheap, but has paid for itself many times over.

Is your omni the star make yellow top one?

I've got the 4200 watt 110v omnipole guttervac. Been using it for 4/5 years now, and still going strong. One small issue with a break in the wire where it enters into the machine, but half hour & some wire cutters sorted that problem out!

Not cheap, but has paid for itself many times over.

I have one too, and would agree with Tuffers.

I bought it about 2 months ago. I would recommend it. My first vac, so I'm no expert on them. It is big and takes up a lot of space. I struggle to get my wfp gear and vac in the van at the same time. The tools are a bit cheap and look like they are made in someone's garage. They do the job though. If you do buy it make sure the thumb screws are always tight ad I lost one god knows where on a job. Oh and the poles are friggin heavy at length and at an angle.

Would I buy it? Yes!
Also, the poles can be a pain trying to pull apart sometimes, make sure you keep using a lubricant on them. I use Silicone Spray.

Bottom line - probably a good start for a gutter vac. It does take 3000w power at times, so I wouldn't want to go lower, but this vac has pulled out some big stones, long lumps of moss and matted grass sections i.e. small turf roll.

Oh, and if you let it fall down a step onto concrete, you can break the plastic :Image11:

Yes, the tools do look cheaply made, but you do get a number of them in the package, and they do the job just fine.

Is your omni the star make yellow top one?
Yeah - not small, and not pretty but gets the job done. Hardly ever need to use all 3 motors - luckily my 5.5k generator handles all 3 going easily.
May have to invest in a new vac hose though, as starting to wear in a few places & can't keep breaking out the gaffer tape!

Reason why I asked I had the same one that lasted just over 12 months. When I contacted omni they said they had stopped selling that type because they had so many complaints with the motors failing and the manufacture where usless for spares. I found out myself as sent star an email to try and get replacement motors myself which they never responded to when I told them what model vac it was for..

In the end I was so peed off with star I made a short vid and stuck it on youtube and sent them the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHbRtdVOSfo&feature=youtu.be

Never got a reply back from that emai either :Image13:

Indeed you must be....

I tend to kill off vac's quite quickly and if I'm lucky get 12 months use out of them.

Whats best way to gain gutter cleaning work apart from asking existing wc customers? I want to get guttervac but need to be getting the work in to make it worthwhile buying vac

Recommendation I would say then website enquires comes a close second. You can also gain repeat business from existing customers every year or so.

May I add that’s just one method to clear guttering that sometimes doesn’t work on some jobs so need to be prepared if offering a gutter clearing service to do ladder work (upto 2 storey hand jobs) aswell.

Back