Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Threats From A Window Cleaner

• Thread starter joneswindowcleaners.co.uk
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

joneswindowcleaners.co.uk

Been out tonight and had a company who has threatened me if I do not stop they will do bla bla bla....... this company has been going 28 years and I have been going less than a year and already taken about 15% of them, business is business and if they was doing a good job they would not have lost clients. I do and never have under cut anyone if anything I put my prices up, is this a normal thing or should I go to the police considering I use to work with the old bill.....

I'd personally infrom the police.

You never know if one day they inform the police and lie. Catalogue all arguments, letters, notes or phonecalls as this will aid you if things continue.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Very good advice....

Would also say remain calm and professional in the way you speak to the guy that is hassling you. Make it clear it is the customer that decides who they want to do the work not the other way round.

I would kick ass too if someone stole 15% of my customers!

Its not a case of not doing a good job I don't think, you obviously don't no there prices unless you are asking the customer?, so how would you know if you are undercutting? or deliberately over pricing?

Also if you worked with the police, then surely you know where you stand if to report it or not?.

Are you deliberately knocking on the doors of this other companies houses?.

Sorry to sound suspicious, but I do question you morals.!

I would kick ass too if someone stole 15% of my customers!

Its not a case of not doing a good job I don't think, you obviously don't no there prices unless you are asking the customer?, so how would you know if you are undercutting? or deliberately over pricing?

Also if you worked with the police, then surely you know where you stand if to report it or not?.

Are you deliberately knocking on the doors of this other companies houses?.

Sorry to sound suspicious, but I do question you morals.!
How do you steal customers????/ If you go out for a meal do you go where you are told to or do you have a choice?? If you go to town shopping do you shop where you want or where someone tells you to shop?? Steeling customers yes I canvas all the areas I work at so what, how many times do you have double glazing people knock / flyer your house? If someone phones me I will quote and I won;t be calling every other window cleaner in the area to make sure it's ok with them that I do it!!!!!! Question my morals?? generating new customers suddenly become a crime now has it?? I have been to the house of this other window cleaner and sorted this matter face to face and lets just say it's over with, and I will not accept it when people think they own customers they do not and people have the right to choose their window cleaner. What exactly do you mean when you say kick some ass???

How do you steal customers????/ If you go out for a meal do you go where you are told to or do you have a choice?? If you go to town shopping do you shop where you want or where someone tells you to shop?? Steeling customers yes I canvas all the areas I work at so what, how many times do you have double glazing people knock / flyer your house? If someone phones me I will quote and I won;t be calling every other window cleaner in the area to make sure it's ok with them that I do it!!!!!! Question my morals?? generating new customers suddenly become a crime now has it?? I have been to the house of this other window cleaner and sorted this matter face to face and lets just say it's over with, and I will not accept it when people think they own customers they do not and people have the right to choose their window cleaner. What exactly do you mean when you say kick some ass???
Wondered when your true colours would come out.!!

Kick some ass means kick some ass. What do you want, a picture???

If the guy is taking customers from another cleaner you have to ask why the customers are moving? Are they the type of customer you want or are they fickle? Is the other guy doing a good job? Is he over priced?

I've taken a bit of work of a couple of local firms (about 20 jobs total from 2 firms) all by the customers coming to me, what am I supposed to do turn down work?!

If you read the 1st sentence then it states he has been out tonight. doing what? obviously these have not approached him.

Then goes on to say I have taken 15% of there work off them,

I think people are thickcl sometimes, but others are very loyal.

If someone approaches me, and ask 4 quote and I can see they have a window cleaner, I ask who used to do there windows, when they tell me I let that company no I did not steal and that they approached me, if I see them. I would not go out my way to steal food off anyones table.

If you read the 1st sentence then it states he has been out tonight. doing what? obviously these have not approached him.

Then goes on to say I have taken 15% of there work off them,

I think people are thickcl sometimes, but others are very loyal.

If someone approaches me, and ask 4 quote and I can see they have a window cleaner, I ask who used to do there windows, when they tell me I let that company no I did not steal and that they approached me, if I see them. I would not go out my way to steal food off anyones table.
Well if you want to ask permission from another window cleaner to do windows of a customer that's your idea of business, so if that window cleaner says no you turn the customer down?????? ok then that makes sense letting other companies dictate where and what you clean!!!!!!!! and as for your comment I wondered when your true colours was going to come out please do not feel you can make comments like you did without anything back!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding the lad is just out canvassing so is upto the individuals if they want a quote or not.

But does seem rather fishy how he know the percentage of work he has taken from the other window cleaner and prices they charge etc.

Now got me wondering if he worked with the other guy then started up on his own :Image16:

No I have not, I have canvassed all my own work,( I have and would never work for any window cleaner) there is nothing fishy about it,god dammed for going out and doing my home work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No probs...Just thought I would ask as I'm sure others were thinking along the same lines.

good job you are out canvassing cant see you drawing in much work from that micky mouse website mrs jones :Image13:

Who on earth are you Greman, someone I have never spoke to and then puts a nasty comment on here,

Well if you want to ask permission from another window cleaner to do windows of a customer that's your idea of business, so if that window cleaner says no you turn the customer down?????? ok then that makes sense letting other companies dictate where and what you clean!!!!!!!!

and as for your comment I wondered when your true colours was going to come out please do not feel you can make comments like you did without anything back!!!!!!!!!!!
Whats with all the !!!!!!!!!

I just asked a few questions, as I found your quotes very suspicious, I wrote what others were thinking. you replied in a aggressive manner,. True colours.

I don't ask permission from other windies, I let them know. if I see them that there customer has asked me for a quote.

This is going round in circles, so better off finishing it now.!!!!!! :Image15:

good job you are out canvassing cant see you drawing in much work from that micky mouse website mrs jones :Image13:

bit uncalled for to be fair and I happen to know that he's actively making huge improvements to his website.

I'm sure shazzies comments weren't meant the way you took them by the way, that's not like our shazz she's a good girl.

And I took it without asking that the guy that threatened him may have mentioned the percentage of work he'd taken from him by the way.

I think we can stop arguing now.

swings and roundabouts this has always happened some you win some you loose

customer comes to you for quote you give them one its up to them in the end , at the end of the day there is loads of work for everyone

this used to bother me but not now

Back